Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Capping on PAYT?

angusmc200
4: Newbie
I Noticed this on the website

"All our customers have a monthly data roaming spend cap of £34 (excluding VAT), to help prevent
overspending while abroad. We'll send you free text alerts when you are 80% and 100% through your
monthly spend cap.
Once you reach the cap limit an automatic data roam bar will be applied, and you will not be able
to use any more data abroad for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle. The cap applies to
data roaming in Europe Zone 1 only - you can continue to data roam in Zone 2 without a cap.
iPad users also have a monthly spend cap of £34. However, as iPad is unable to receive text alerts,
it will be capped without advance notice unless you opt out. We are working on an email solution
specifically for iPad customers, which will be available this autumn."

It's easy to opt out of the cap. Just text STOP to 40209

The question I would like to ask is ,does this apply to PAYT or just contract? ,if it applies
to PAYT dongle ,how can I opt out by text if the dongle does not allow me to send text?
4 REPLIES 4

welshrosco
Only contract as if u run out of credit u cant go back online anyway. To send sms there should have been a seperate program installd with the dashboard, check ur desktop or programs list in start.

Biffy

Only contract as if u run out of credit u cant go back online anyway. To send sms there should have been a seperate program installd with the dashboard, check ur desktop or programs list in start.

PAYG dongles do not come with the ability to send sms texts therefor unable to opt out of data capping if needed
Alba Gu Brath

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Gus

Thanks for your post here :)

Welshrosco is correct on this one though, this wouldn't be available on Pay as you go as you would simple run out of credit and therefore you wouldn't be able to rack up large bills. You would just need to ensure you do not topup by too much in case you use more than you intend to.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

PAYG dongles do not come with the ability to send sms texts therefor unable to opt out of data capping if needed

My 3GB/30day SIM has SMS. Try advanced then shortcuts and add SMS to shortcut menu