Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Only SIM

Pete_G
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've been looking around the Vodafone online store for a data only SIM package...

I can't use the iPad micro SIM option beacuse the 3G signal where I live is too weak to be usable directly in my iPad, so I use a 3G extender (which uses a full size SIM and shares the 3G conenction via WiFi - I currently have a Vodafone PAYG SIM in it to test 3G accessibility, whcih works fine, hence the need to move over to a data contract and replace the PAYG SIM)

Is my only option to buy a dongle a remove the SIM from it? (I assume they're still full sized SIMs)... or is there another option?

Thanks for any advice,

Pete

3 REPLIES 3

RupertTheFridge
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Other than the ipad deals there's no sim only data option. All the data tariff come with a dongle. I'm sure the mods can answer this but there's no reason you can't have an ipad deal and get a standard sim to change too.

On a contract, you can get a data sim only.

30 day rolling contract for either £7.50 for 500mb, or £15 for 2GB if I remember from a previous enquiry of my own. The contracts are usually listed with a price for a dongle, but thats just an assumption you'd need one. If you don't, you don't have to pay for anything up front.

Hope this helps!!

p.s. yes there are usually standard size, but can be connected to a microsim if required too. There's no physical difference between the technology that I'm aware of, so SIM numbers follow the same format. Its just the plastic usually mounted around the chip is cut back to make it smaller.

Did I help? Then click my Star - Is it Solved? Press the 'Accept as Solution'

Pete_G

Thanks for the responses.

I'll speak to Vodafone and order a contract data SIM then.....