Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dongle or mobile wi-fi?

barneyman
2: Seeker
Hi, After moving home and having internet for 3 weeks Sky and Openreach have conspired to cancel my internet and now I have to wait 2 weeks to get back online!

So, in the meantime what is my best option for having internet in my home?

I am a business customer on one net and have 4g inside my home. I also work from home so need it to be reliable and also with decent gb allowance.

I would look to atach the device to my desktop and then have the ability to attach other devices wirelessly.

I will only need it for 2 weeks so the 30 day plan is obviously the best option, but do I go dongle or mobile wifi?

The plans on the site all mention they are 4g but the 2 sets of devices for both the dongle and the mobile wifi seem to highlight a 4g and non 4g option.

Help and guidance is much appreciated...the delivery times look a problem too (1-2 weeks) so I hope my local store will have stock!

All these issues have come about whilst out of the country (and with patchy wifi too) so hoping this is my best way forward...

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

gemziilou125
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I would recommend Mobile Wi-Fi. I used one when I was away on business in South Africa and it was great because I got faster speeds than the Apartments Wi-fi!

If you already know you have good coverage in your home, I would highly recommend it.

The 4G device would be better if you have 4G coverage, and ifyou speak to someone on Live Chat via the website or over the phone, you may get a better deal than those on the website.

If you have found this helpful, please give Thanks :Smiling:

barneyman
Thanks for the reply...

It seems neither of my local stores have even heard of the mobile wifi option, and were quite dismissive of my father in law when he asked them...so it seems a dongle is my only option for a speedy solution as buying it online will take 1-2 weeks which is my only option...you would think in this day and age stock could be sent out quicker than this!

I really wanted something to attach multiple devices...