Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Enough is enough

pentuppen
2: Seeker

I don't know if i am posting in the right section but since I have tried to solve this issue through every possible avenue possible, this is my last resort before I am forced to seek some sort of legal assistance.

I have had my mobile broadband dongle for nearly two years now, at the end of last year there seemed to be an issue where I would pay £25 for a 15gig data bundle. Over the course of 3-4 months the online service took the money and did not give me the data. And so began an uphill struggle that has now gone on for over 7 months. Bear with me because this will take some explaining...

Firstly i contacted live chat, the advisor told me that there was no record of my purchase and rather 'politley' inferred that i was in fact not telling the truth. After refusing to take this as an answer he checked again and noted that the data had been cancelled despite the purchase being paid for and the money being taken.

As this continued to happen I was forced to constantly keep calling vodafone back because despite being given several different time frames for a call back i recieved nothing from vodafone, and yes i gave them ample time over the agreed call back limit before i gave in.

This happened not once, not twice but a total of 9 times.

In that time I was told repeatedly that my case had been moved up to the 'super users' group, only every time i called back there were no notes on the issue and I was constantly forced to retell the issue over and over again.

I was asked for bankstatements which i had to repeatedly send and at one point i was told that nothing could be done until i provided a log from my vodafone website account of all my purchases.

The webstite does not provide this service which means the woman was either lying or had no clue what the website had on it.

After six months they finally agreed that i should be refunded (during that time at least 3 advisors told me that this issue was an ongoing problem faced by more than just myself)

When i was told they would refund the money as credit in my bank i told them that i did not wish to have the credit but my money returned because so far the level of customer service had been absoloutly abysmal. 

I have been told a total of 4 times in just over a month, that my refund was being processed and could take up to 3-5 days. I waited over the designated 3-5 days every time and every time i recieved no refund and when calling back to find out why i was pretty much told nothing and the advisor would put in another request.

To summarize:

1. I was basically called a liar by a live chat operator who clearly had not checked properly

2. 9 call backs that were no honoured

3. Notes about my situation not taken despite being told several times that they would

4. No actual explanation as to why this is happening

5. over £60 spent on phoning vodafone and being put on hold because i do not own a vodafone mobile

6. 4 times i was literally 'promised' that my refund would be processed only for nothing to happen

I know some of you may think why would i expend the time and money over and over again but the simple fact is that i did nothing wrong. The fault has been admitted as Vodafones, the money was paid for services NOT rendered and i have been patient as several saints while jumping through every hoop vodafone has asked of me. The matter is simple, I am owed £75 for an issue caused by a glitch or error in vodafones system, the credit sitting in my account right now is there for the refunds team to process my refund and has been for well over a month.

So please, someone tell me why I am still going through the frankly, stressful as hell uphill struggle just to get my money back. Because whether true or not, the level of customer service makes me feel as though vodafone are simply waiting for me to give up so they dont have to pay out for their own mistake.

So please, if there is anyone on the forums team who can help me, it will save me more issues down the line because i am not going to go away. 

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

pentuppen

Ammendment: So stressed i didn't even realise i made a mistake back there. I was offered credit to my account and not my bank, i did not want the credit since my faith in this company has been utterly destroyed and instead requested the money be returned to my bank.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pentuppen I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing.

So we're able to help with this, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent. 

Once you've done this, our team will contact you to assist. 

Unsurprisingly i was told to wait yet again, and that i would recieve a call on mondayto finally process my refund. The gentleman was quite adamant that i make sure i answer the phone call when it came.

Even less surprising was the complete and utter lack of phone call during monday.

Round and round we go....again

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pentuppen If you've contacted us using the information in the private message I've previously sent, you'll have received a unique reference number [#11223344] - please let us know this number and we'll chase this up. 

[#16007222]   i tried using the link you sent and it wasn't working

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pentuppen Thanks for letting me know your reference number. 

I can see that we've received your latest email, a member of the team will be in touch to assist. :smileyhappy:

So i thought I'd do an update about my situation because so far this company has pretty much given me the impression that nothing is going to be done about this situation unless I am annoyingly relentless. I don't actually enjoy having to do this, however experience has led me to understand that simply 'waiting' is not getting me anywhere.

After posting this message and writing up two official complaints, I still have not been refunded for a mistake on Vodafone's end. While the team have now been nice enough to actually contact me when they say they will the tally for the length of time i have had to wait for this refund is now reaching two months (add on the six months it took for them to decide they would refund me for their own mistake and you can see why I'm less than pleased right now)

However all that seems to happen with these phone calls is the advisor telling me they will have to email the refunds team (apparently outsourced) in order to get them to call me so they can take my details and process the refund. 

Sounds awesome doesn't it, problem solved!

Yeaaaaaah, well in true tradition of my experience so far it has not been that simple because the refund team has failed to contact me despite several advisors trying to contact them. When I asked why they could not simply call the refunds team and transfer me to get this business over and done with I was informed that the call centre had no direct phone contact with the refunds team. I have also made sure several times that the contact information they were given is indeed correct. 

So to sum up. After nearly 8 months of jumping through hoops for a technical mistake caused by vodafones own systems, I still have not recieved my refund because the team responsible for it will not contact me and the call centre have no ability to simply pick up a phone to contact them, the people responsible for refunding their customers.

So......anyone else want to tell me to 'wait' ?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pentuppen - I’m sorry to hear you’ve not yet received the refund.

So we can look into this further, please reply to the last email we sent. Once done, please post back here to let us know and we’ll get this looked into as soon as we can.

I had to sift through my deleted mails but eventually found what i 'think' is the correct one. Email has been replied to.