Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook won't open

mellers1313
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,
Facebook wouldn't open for me on my Vodafone Phone (Smart ultra 7).
So I went in store and was told I needed to update softwear. I did and reinstalled Fb and it's still won't open.
Getting sick of all these issues with vodafone phones. Happened not too long ago and took ages to fix. 

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

When this happens to me with various apps I clear it's cache, force stop and uninstall. Then navigate to the playstore and go into your my apps and uninstall it there. 

And then if required I go into my phones system cache and clear that too. 

And.check if there is any updates in playstore for the app. 

If that does not clear the issue there is sometimes am option to contact the developer to let them know your having issues. 

Regarding Facebook I prefer not to use the app but instead navigate to it via my browsers URL bar. Saving the page as. Quick link or on my homescreen. 

I appreciate this way isn't for everyone as options such as Facebook live does not work this way. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hey, At the mo am using url, it's okay and I'm glad to be able to get on it at all.
I've cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled. Still nothing...
Thanks for replying though.

AnnS

Hi @mellers1313

Although it should be well sorted, Facebook were having an issue with the application last year. 

If there are recurring issues with the application, you can access Facebook on the following link https://www.facebook.com/ and save the link as a bookmark to your phone internet.

Hi,
Yep, last year there was an issue. When I was in store today they told me to update software, He said there was a 'slight' issue with prime 6 & 7 phones - BUT, when they installed the updated software FB worked no problem. Not the case for me. 
Am doing what you suggested. It's grand for now, the only thing is this way ya get no notifications until ya go into it.
Thanks for reply. 

Yes I recall. :Sad_face:

Not sure if it's a bad thing not getting Fb notifications ! :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Hahaha, perhaps you're right. I forget what it's like to get incessant pings. Maybe it is a good thing. 

I leave the tab open on my s7 edge so i can see updates when I choose that tab. 

Current Phone  >

@mellers1313 wrote:

Hey, At the mo am using url, it's okay and I'm glad to be able to get on it at all.
I've cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled. Still nothing...
Thanks for replying though.

Hi @mellers1313

Its just my proffered way of accessing Facebook. 

The app imo is a resource and battery hog. 

As a last resort you could try creating a back up and factory resetting the phone which takes it back to the last firmware update. 

Then before returning installing your back up just install the Facebook app as a fresh approach and try again. 

If it works then you'll know something in your back up is causing the conflict. 

Current Phone  >

The thoughts of a factory reset kills me. I've contacted VF on twitter and they're getting back to me. So for now I'll stick with the URL way. 
Cheers again for trying to help me.