Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help - did update and now can't connect

mrslc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung Netbook and use an inbuilt sim card to browse the internet though VF connect.

At the weekend when I logged on the VF connect said I needed to update the software, I did this and since then it won't connect it just freezes the connect screen won't open but it looks different to before.

Any ideas?

I'm grateful to any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you

How do I delete it?

Also I don't have acess to another internet connection.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mrslc

Welcome to the eForum :Laughing_Face: it is always good to see new faces here.

I am sorry to see that the update has made the connection to the internet to freeze.

What I would suggest doing is to delete the current software, and if you can connect to another internet connection and download v10.1.108.

If you can let us know how you get on with this, which would be fantastic.

Martin

eForum Team

Thank you

How do I delete it?

Also I don't have acess to another internet connection.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mrslc,

I can see where that could be a stumbling block.

You don't actually need to uninstall the existing software, it’s just cleaner to do so as it removes anything corrupted in the program to start afresh.

Another valid option would be to run a System Restore on your netbook to a date just before the update took place - this should roll back the computer to that point, including the connection software itself.

To get the latest version for your laptop, I'd then suggest going to the Samsung site directly and checking for your laptop model, just to be certain the version you install has the correct drivers for your netbook.

If you're still having problems, can you confirm the exact software version you installed, exactly what's happening, including any error codes, and the operating system you're running for me?

Dave

eForum Team