Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How To Guide(s)

rapid1
4: Newbie
Hi there folks,

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place here, but so far i have not found any step-by-step instructions on the vodafone.co.uk website that will show users of pre-pay modems how to install the software. The troublesooting section for instance mentions nothing about where to go & what to do on the control panel in vista to stop a previous method of connecting to the internet from being used as the default. No guide on here, as far as i can tell, as to how you configure your firewall settings to not block the installation from running, or the device from connecting.

Or am i being a bit naive here thinking that there would be users of the service, who are first time users, or previously had bad experiences with other providers, who do not know everything about computers & laptops. All they want is a device, that they can plug into said laptop or pc, that instantly connects them to the internet. Because that is certainly what they are told they are purchasing when they visit a vf store, waiting up to 90 minutes to be just simply sold the device, with no demonstration of how 2 set it all up.

Could we maybe see some updates on the troubleshooting section, and on the forum, that give customers step-by-step guides, and more youtube demos. Because it does seem like the troubleshooting section was setup originally for pay monthly or datacard users, with prepay just flung in at the end as an afterthought.

For instance, why is there no mention on the website of the K3565 device. Maybe there is, but me and my friend could not find when it was asking to select your device. Just as well i'm slightly more tech-savvy than he, and knew how to change the APN to pre-pay, as it seemed to have mysteriously changed itself.

Just a few suggestions eh?
And never forget...what was i talking about?

Current handset : Nokia e71 running F/W 300.21.012
2 REPLIES 2

MGottlieb
Not applicable
For instance, why is there no mention on the website of the K3565 device.

rapid1

To search Vodafone for occurences of the seacrh string "K3565" go to Google and enter
K3565 site:vodafone.co.uk

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Michael.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi rapid1,

Thanks for this feedback, it’s great! :D

We’re constantly adding to the ever-growing number of tutorial videos that we have and this is a really good suggestion!

I’ve passed this information onto our very own Steven Spielberg ^_^ so keep your eyes out for some more great help videos!

All the best,

Jenny
eForum Team