You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
newvodafoneuser

How do I remove Content control..!!

Wondering if anyone could help me. Been with Vodafone now since xmas of last year on a new blackberry on a pay as you go bundle. For the past few months my content control has been in place but I haven't activated it myself. I contacted vodafone customer helpline to try and get it taken off and they said that I would need to go into a vodafone store to get it deactivated as I don't have a credit card. So I went into my local store and they 'supposively' deactivated it there and then in seconds, but still when I try and use the internet it comes up on the screen 'restricted content vodafone content control etc..' I've turned it on and off a number of times but that was nearly four weeks ago. If anyone can help i'd appreciate it. Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (31,016 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: How do I remove Content control..!!

Vodafone have content control to prevent under 18's gaining access to inappropriate content and this is automatically applied to everyone's line. There is an article that deals with content control:

Questions about why we have Content Control

If you don't have a credit card, you have to have it removed in store.  You can check that it is removed by logging into My Account and looking at the Content Control status.  If it hasn't been removed, you're going to have to pop into your local Vodafone Store again.

Questions about Removing Content Control

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 2 of 11 (30,997 Views)
JadeN1234

Hi wondering if someone can help as I am unable to start my own thread. My partner is on pay as you go and has been getting premium rate messages with a link which has been using all of his mobile data from his freebie pack. It says to stop the texts to text STOP however when doing this is comes up sayin unable to send due to content control. So how can we remove content control and why are these texts able to come through if its content control to reply. We need to top up for his freebie pack however dot want to do this if his Internet is just going to be taken a well as his credit due to these premium texts. Thanks for your help in advance
Message 3 of 11 (13,065 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi JadeN1234,

Take a look here for information on Content Control including how to remove.

Also, take a look at our help page for nuisance calls and texts.

Thanks,

Jenny 

Message 4 of 11 (12,835 Views)
Markswain1972

If you find out how to turn it off would you let me know please...Im 42 years old and vodafone shop is to far away..Thankyou,,Mark
Message 5 of 11 (11,982 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi Markswain1972.

You can manage your content control in My Vodafone, but if you're having difficulties, contact us here and we'll take a look.

DaveCD

Message 6 of 11 (11,914 Views)
prince173

[ Edited ]

Not at all happy that I will have to go in a store to unlock this! (no it will not let me remove it online!)

I've had a contract with Vodafone for over 11years, so would've had to have been under 7 at the time of taking out my contract to be under 18 now.

What a joke!

Message 7 of 11 (5,461 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Content control is activated by default on all networks for the simple reason being that a minor could use the service and gain access to inappropriate content.

You can remove it online, but if you aren't able to, your local Vodafone store can help.  One of the eForum Team will also be able to assist you and will be along as soon as they can to pop you a Private Message.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 8 of 11 (5,456 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi prince173,

If you're unable to remove Content Control online, then the store will be able to do it with photographic ID. 

Alternatively, take a look here for how to get in touch via email. We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours and we'll need to collect extra details to do this offline. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers, Ben

Message 9 of 11 (5,337 Views)
Mafro

I went to the section in my account settings on the website to remove the content control (for some reason a few football sites have been blocked due to this) but it just leads to a "sorry, we've not been able to open the page you're looking for" link. Has the ability to remove it online been disabled or is the website broken?

Message 10 of 11 (5,327 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi Mafro,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Message 11 of 11 (5,229 Views)