cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long does it take to return a laptop?

simax
14: Advanced member

:smileymad:

Serious question.

I sent a laptop back within the 7 day cooling off period to the address on the Special Delivery returns bag (UNIT 12, CV10 7RL) on Friday lunchtime.

Now, I appreciate Special Delivery items sent on a Friday will usually arrive on the Monday, so I check in later on Monday and I get the message:

Your item with reference CXxxxxxxxxxGB is currently progressing through our network.

Your item is currently progressing through our network for delivery.

To check your item's progress please come back later.

Now, a check with another part of Royal Mails site says the item got re-directed on Monday morning.

Where has it gone, as it still has not got to it's destination, and all the while I am paying for the data plan on it at £35/month.

Anyone else had a similar predicament?

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there simax,

Many thanks for your query about the return of your laptop.

If you've sent it back in the returns bag with the Royal Mail reference number on it and it's still not showing as delivered, then one expects it will still be with Royal Mail.

Have you contacted them at all with regards to its whereabouts?

Kindest regards,

Lee

eForum Team

simax

Hi Lee,

Showed as re-directed on Monday morning - approx 6:15am by a D BARRY.... and is still showing as pending delivery after being re-directed.

I'm going to ring them in the morning. I also want to log my special delivery reference with someone at Vodafone as if it has gone missing, I don't want to be held responsible. Whats the best way to do this Lee?

Thanks

simax
Ok. Spoke to Royal Mail.. Their system says it was actually delivered on Monday and signed for by D BARRY. I've rung 08080 408408 and asked to speak to the returns department but they keep cutting me off, so I'll post the info here and can someone look into this for me?

Postage ref: CX023663246GB
Laptop number: 07585 702409 (I've no issues publishing the number as it's a data only sim that's been destroyed as per Vodafones instructions)

Can somebody call me on my iPhone number to clarify what happens from here, as the line is still active 5 days after you got the device back, so I'd like those 5 days line rental back please.

Thanks

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi simax

Thanks for your post here. I’ll send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible to get this sorted.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

simax

Update:

Got Royal Mail to send me proof of delivery for the item and took it to Vodafone retail in my local town centre. They noted the account and advised I should then ring 191 to get the line de-activated.

I rang them and I got put through to a guy with a bit of a language barrier - but I clarified that he could see the notes and asked when the line will be deactivted. He advised it will take up to 48 hours.

This was saturday approx 5pm. So 48 hours is tomorrow after 5pm.... I have to admit the guy really didn't seem too sure.

I hope I am wrong though......

simax

5:18pm and still showing as active. I didn't believe it would get disconnected anyway....

.... *another* call it is to 191 then..... This time I won't be getting off the phone until it is disconnected and I'm refunded the extra 7 days.