Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

JAZZ in R101 - no longer working after firmware upgrade

alanh1977
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was using the 3805Z dongle in the R101 without problem until yesterday - when I got a "PIN/PUK required" message - I was advised that firmware upgrade of dongle was required so I plugged it into my Mac and it works fine while plugged into the Mac (I also upgraded the VMB software on the computer). However I wish to use the R101 sharing dock - and also I need to use VPN for work which appears not to work with the dongle plugged into the computer.

When I plugged the dongle into he sharing dock I did not work (PIN/PUK message) so I upgraded the firmware for the Sharing dock (to latest version) which made a difference, but it does not connect - looking at the interface page it is looking for a PIN code in the "Mobile Broadband page" - putting the PIN in makes no difference.

How should I proceed?

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi alanh1977

Welcome to the eForum

Do you mean a Samsung Jazz SIM card working in a R101?   I suspect the problem is with the SIM and not with the R101 unit.

We have identified an issue with older Samsung handsets that have be causing customers SIM to lock like this. 

To resolve this issue, you would need to perform a SIM swap, you can get this done via a Vodafone Store or you can call customer services to have a new SIM sent out.  

Please let me know how you get on with this

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

HI,

I've no idea why JAZZ came up there - it should read K3805-Z - (stupid Autocorrect!) I actually got it to work after repeatedly reinstalling the firmware, however no it's gone again and this time it's asking me for SIM.

I am so frustrated with this as it works when plugged into my MacMini, but my girlfriend can't use it for work and I can't either as I need VPN.