You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Badger

K3565 Dongle Problems

I wonder if anybody can help me here please, I have tried everything. I have the K3565 dongle that has been operating fine for a year or so now on my Windows 7 Laptop. A few days ago I had a message saying an update to version 10.1 operating system was available. I downloaded big mistake.... The dongle would not work at all, all I get is No device connected message. Tried everything I could think of (I am no techie). Finally uninstalled and reinserted dongle and installed the original versin VMC 9.3. No difference, have tried everything, different USB ports etc. but to no avail. Have been onto Vodafone speaking to a very helpful guy, but still no good. WHY did I do the update !!!! never again. Has anybody got any suggestions please. By the way on Vodafones advice reloaded the later version again. The dongle uses the 1gb allowance sim, and I dont want to lose it.

Badger

Message 1 of 11 (12,236 Views)
steveslyth

Re: K3565 Dongle Problems

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have EXACTLLY the same problem as BADGER, same date, model etc, AVOID the NEW UPDATE 10.1, absolutely HOPELESS, any help please email ********  Thanks

Message 2 of 11 (12,215 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi steveslyth,

I've edited your post to remove your email address. Posting such information on a public forum may result in you receiving spam, something I'm sure you'd wish to avoid.

There's no need to repost your email address as it's the same one you used to register with us, and is on your profile, something that only the Moderators can see.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

Message 3 of 11 (12,208 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Badger and steveslyth

Thanks for both of your posts here. I'm sorry to hear that you are both having the same issue with this.

It's very strange that this is happening, even when you go back to a previous verison of the software. :smileysad:

When you have uninstalled the new software have you removed you USB modem and restarted your computer before installing the previous version? If not try this first.

Also, do you get any lights on the modem at all? If so what are they?

Would you be able to try your USB Modem in another machine to check that it is definitely still working and there hasn't developed a fault with the modem itself.

Please let me know and we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 4 of 11 (12,189 Views)
steveslyth

Hi, Wayne, I have used the dongle for some years with no problems, I only downloaded 10.1 as it was advertised, "as a New experience" by Vodafone, "a new experience it certainly is!!", more of a "NIGHTMARE"!!

The Dongle works fine in my Netbook, which has not uploaded 10.1, but my Laptop, of which I have UPLOADED/ DOWNLOADED the programme a DOZEN times does not accept the dongle, showing "NO DEVICE", it FLASHES/STROBES BLUE, but does not "LOCK ON BLUE" as it should when connected.

Vodafone Agents are AWARE 10.1 has a problem, so Vodafone users AVOID 10.1, downloading!! ,

If you are a Vodafone Customer looking for a solution to K3565 dongle problem, on this Forum, your in for a Bad Experience!!

Good Luck!!, you'll need it!!

Message 5 of 11 (12,186 Views)
steveslyth

Hi, Today I have been to the Vodafone store, and got a new sim card for the K3565 dongle, still the same problem, absolutely no different to before, works fine on netbook, but not on ORIGINAL Laptop, absolutely crazy!!! And Vodafone DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER!!, and i only downloaded 10.1 for a "better experience"!!

Message 6 of 11 (12,179 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi steveslyth

Thanks for your post and for coming back to us with more information.

I'll be honest, I've not heard of this happening before so I'm going to speak to a couple of my colleagues with a little more experience with this sort of thing and get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 7 of 11 (12,160 Views)
steveslyth

Hi, Wayne, Thank you for responce,As before the Laptop worked fine with dongle , until 10.1 loaded onto it, I have removed Old programmes etc, got a new sim card too, when you insert the dongle it picks up new programme, and loads etc, but shows NO DEVICE present, it must be something to do with programme not recognising dongle, with VISTA on Toshiba Laptop.

The Tech guys in Egypt now say its the Laptop thats the problem, which is crazy as I have had no problem prior to 10.1 Download.

Thanks  Steve Slyth

Message 8 of 11 (12,153 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Woody

Re: KAYAK Dongle Problems

Hi stealthy,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having here with your modem.

Can you please go in to your Device Manager for me, while the modem is plugged in and check to see if there are any exclamation marks showing. You can find the device manager in your Control Panel.

One thing that you could try is to restore your computer to the last date that it was working correctly. You can do this in the Backup and Restore Center, in the Control Panel.

Woody

eForum Team

Message 9 of 11 (12,111 Views)
andyt8

As dongle is still working with one of you PCs I would take the suggestion of doing windows restore on the laptop it is not working on  back to a time when it was working. Check the device page (administrative tools/computer management/Devices) and when there go to the View Menu and tick the Show Hidden Devices.  Then try and remove anything to do with Vodafone dongle or Huawei or K3565. Then for good measure download something like CCleaner and run that to carefully clean out any unused registry entries. The turn off (not standby) with power button and fully reboot and start again from fresh and PC should detect and install drivers etc from the dongle memory when you plug it in.  Hopefully that will fix it.  I did similar with my laptop and when it all re-installed it worked once again. Phew..

Message 10 of 11 (11,982 Views)
andyt8

Simple - use windows restore and go back to before you did the update.

The reason is probably because the new software has just the APN's for the new expiring PAYG mobile broadband and not the original 1G non expiring version.  I had this trouble when I accidently accepted an update.  For me windows restore - or even remove the Vodafone software totally and then re-boot and put in the dongle and it will download and install the original software from the memory in the dongle (looks like a usb stick to windows).

Or here are the APN settings you may need.

I think that since you've updated the software the APN's are no longer valid and you'll need to insert one of the following instead:

Pay Monthly:

APN: internet
Username: web
Password: web

PAYG:
non-expiry
APN: pp.internet
Password: web

30-day expiry
APN: ppbundle.internet