Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3805-Z in R101 - no longer working

alanh1977
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I have had repeated frustrations with this Sharing Dock; the last time after firmware upgrade on dongle - Vodafone decided to perform software upgrade without informing all users...-  (it autoupdated when I plugged it into the computer, but then I had to update the firmware on the R101 which for soem reason took several attempts).

Eventually I got it working but then  this morning it stopped in the R101 but in the computer it's fine as usual.

the message in the admin page this time is 

"  PIN ! Please unplug the USB stick and check the SIM again."

I insert the 0000 sim but no joy

I have doen this repeatedly - and perforrmed a factory reset but I am still getting the same message. I need a VPN connectiion for work so I need the WiFi Sharing..

Please can you provide any insight or practical advice - I  am comfortable with performing a firmware upgrade etc but I have run out of ideas.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi alanh1977

This does sound strange.

It does seem like the SIM PIN is not been recognised, though I’m not quite sure how this could of happened.

From your post, you have stated the USB modem works fine when the sharing dock is not used, and this only arises when using the sharing dock, which again is strange as the PIN should also need to be correct for this to work. If the PIN is entered incorrectly 3 times, the SIM will require a PUK (Personal Unlocking Code) to unlock and reset the PIN. As you only get a limited amount of attempts to enter the PUK code, I’d advise you do not attempt any further number combinations, as incorrect entry of the PUK beyond its threshold will render the SIM useless, and you will need to get a replacement.

To further assist in this matter I will need to access your account details, so I can advise what your PUK code is, and assist with its entry. To facilitate this I have sent an email to your eForum registered address. If you can kindly complete and return this, I will be in touch to assist in this matter further.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team