cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3805-z usb modem - how can I install it?

pfreeman
1: Seeker
Hi,

I have been having problems installing the new K3805-z USB Vodafone modem on our machines (Windows XP SP3). I have updatd our Vodafone software from 9.4.4 to 9.4.6 to see if this resolves the issue but the modem is still not working.

The problem seems to be that the drivers for the new usb modem aren't being installed when the stick is inserted into a USB port. Consequently, when launching Vodafone 9.4.6, the software cannot find the modem (No device).

As we are based in a corprate environment and we feel that installing the VMCLite software is not an option. I would be grateful if you could offer me a solution to this issue. I have noticed a number of threads similar to this one regarding the K3805-z stick, all with unsuccessful recommendations.

Regards

Paul
11 REPLIES 11

I just got a K3805 Z modem to replace broken one.  I plugged it in to my laptop running Vista and only the driver uploaded.............no software.  Please do not tell me to go online to update device as this is how i actually GET online!!!!!!  Borrowing pc to send this.  This is not what I expect from Vodafone.  Please advise.:smileymad:

Use windows explorer to find your USB stick and launch software from there.  It normally copies a version onto your hard drive the first time you plug-in.