Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4050 Cannot connect all of a sudden?

Chres
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there.

I am working on Mallorca, and I got a Vodafone K4050 USB dongle with contract from my office.

It ran fine on the software comming with itfor like 14 days. 

Then one day, I was watching a movie, and when it had finished, my computer could not connect to the internet anymore.

Well, then I tried to download the newest software for my USB dongle, but it did not helt, actually it only got worse, because now it can be "connecting to network" for like ten minutes or more, before it says that the connection failed.

I have not installed other programs that could be interferring with the vodafone software.

Though, I have tried to uninstall and install the software, but it did not help me at all.

When the software says that it is trying to connect, the USB dongle is slowly flashing blue.

Please help me out here!

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chres,

Welcome to the eForum!

What Operating System are you using on your PC? (Windows XP/Vista/7 Apple Mac etc)

If you open Control Panel and select network connections/ network sharing centre. You should find a dial up connection referencing VMC or Vodafone, if you double click it and connect what error message do you get?

Also if you go into Control Panel and select Phone and modem options. Under the modem tab, if you have multiple entries for your device removed them all and unplug and reinsert the dongle to load the correct driver.

It sounds odd that it’s just stopped, Have you tried the SIM in a Vodafone UK handset to see if it connects?

Thanks

BenJ 
eForum Team 

i again, and thx for the quick anwser.

I am using Win7 64 bit edition.

If I just try to connect through the standard windows client, it just says: "Unable to connect, Your Connection request timed out."

I have now tried to remove all of the modem entries, and the software installs and it finds the vodafone ES 3G network, but when I try to connect, it just keeps saying "Opening the connection" and then, after a long time, it says that it could not connect and gives me this errorcode.  RAS error-code 635

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chres

Thanks for letting us know what the RAS error code is.

If you can have a look at our Mobile Broadband troubleshooting page this should then cover this.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Hmm, it just says unknown error, so that doesn't help me a lot :Sad_face:

Okay, sorry, I did not look further down on the page.

I have now tried to download the recover file, but it just says:

EFS Profile Right, No need to modify!

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chres,

Have you installed the new version of VMB(Vodafone Mobile Broadband) v10.2 ??

This is the newest version, and has the optimum drivers for Windows 7 64 bit. I'd advice you download and install this, after removing the old version of VMC(Vodafone Mobile Connect). As error 635 is an authentication issue normally, this may well resolve the issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Yes I am running the latest software, its the same problem..