Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4201-Z installation problem and network issue

ChrisJones60
2: Seeker

Just got the K4201-Z delivered and I'm having 2 problems. Firstly, if I plug it into my PC it installs itself fine and can pickup the network however if I plug it into my laptop (which is what I purchased it for) the laptop finds the device for a split second and it then disappears and keeps doing that over and over for as long as it's left in there. It's almost as if it's a loose or faulty connection on the USB port however any other device works absolutely fine on it.

Secondly, when I DO plug it into my main PC to check it out it connects to the 3g network OK but there's no option or mention anywhere of 4g. I specifically bought this as the customer service person told me it's 4g enabled but I have a horrible feeling that it isn't. Could anybody confirm this for me.

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisJones60

Seems to be working on my latop now having manually installed the program. My second query remains though, can anyone confirm if the K4201-Z is a 4g enabled device or not, and if so how can I activate the 4g?

I guess nobody can confirm if it's 4g enabled then, pretty simple question really.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi ChrisJones60, 

I'm glad you've got the dongle up and running on your laptop.  It's not 4G enabled though I'm afraid. 

Thanks, 

Phil

OK thanks for clarifying that. Amazing that vodafone support staff confirmed it WAS 4g enabled when I purchased, i specifically asked them because I was doubtful, what a waste of time.