Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4201-Z installation problem

JasonStainer
4: Newbie

Just got a new K4201-Z from the Vodafone shop. It installed on this laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate) with no problem, but won't install on an old desktop I really need it on which still has Wndows XP.

I had the old Vodafone Lite installed on there, it uninstalled that, then carried on as normally. Downloading files - worked. Unzipping the next file seemed to work. It then said it was opening the InstallShield Wizard. And I got a splashscreen that said:

"The Wizard was interrupted before Vodafone Mobile Broadband could be competely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard"

I've rebooted the machine and started again and get exactly the same happening.

The user guide that comes with it is useless, it says installation problems can usually be solved by downloading a cleanup file to fully remove all of the old software. How am I supposed to download a cleanup file when the problem I have leaves me without Internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JasonStainer,

Are you using the full version on the Vodafone software or still using the lite?

If you aren’t using the full version, please click here and hover over Mobile Broadband.

You’ll see the option to select USB Sticks, which once selected click your model and the link for the devices latest software.

If you still experience any problems, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

JasonStainer
4: Newbie

As an update the manual says to download a file from: www.support.vodafone.com/vmb_cleanup

But this page doesn't open!

Another update. The download linked worked today. I've put the file on the PC, ran it. Rebooted, tried again, still the same error.

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JasonStainer,

Are you using the full version on the Vodafone software or still using the lite?

If you aren’t using the full version, please click here and hover over Mobile Broadband.

You’ll see the option to select USB Sticks, which once selected click your model and the link for the devices latest software.

If you still experience any problems, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks. I've downloaded that, I'll try and install it later this afternoon and let you know how it goes...

Brilliant, that worked. Thanks.

Hi

I am having problems installing this device. Could you supply an up todate link to the latest software.... as the link above takes you to the old software (Which only supports K3805-z)

Many thanks

Billy

slight update managed to get the lastest version but 4201-z driver still not included ?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @billythewizz 

This may be included in later updates. 

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi

Thanks ... but I'm a little confused ... I have version 10.3.414 installed ... which says it supports K4201z.

However Windows complains that there are no suitable drivers available.

Looking inside the K3520z drivers there certainly is no mention of the K4201z (which has a hardware Id of 1083)

It maybe I have a faulty dongle ? .... but perhaps someone who has it installed, can tell me which devices should appear.

By forcing windows to use the K3520z drivers I now have the following

USB composite device

1083_00  Diagnostic

1083_01  Modem

1083_02  Nmea

On earlier ZTE modems they had the software stored on board ( and initially installed themselves as CDs to run the installer) ... but I can't find the storage ?

( Forgot to say I also have a K4505 which works perfectly well.... so I would guess the VMB software is installed correctly )

Cheers

Billy