Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4505 - "Mobile connection not possible"

mcrossley
Not applicable
After spending a couple of days trying to get the drivers to install properly and finally discovering the conflict with the VMware USB Arbitration Service :( I have now hit another problem....

The K4505 is now recognised by the system, and correctly switches from a USB composite device to a network device.

Running VMC shows the K4505 device, and the fact that it has detected a Vodafone 3G network. However when I try to connect I get a warning message:

"Mobile connection not possible."
"Ensure that no other programs are using
your selected device, and try again in a short while."

I am the only user logged into the system (no fast user switching).
My account has administrator rights - though UAC is enabled. I have tried running VMC without UAC - same result.

If I try again, then the connecting dialog just remains there with a constantly scrolling progress bar.

Diagnostics in VMC shows everything OK.

Device Manager show everything OK - no conflicts, missing drivers etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

Windows 7 Enterprise Edition
VMC - 9.4.6
K4505 firmware - 11.828
7 REPLIES 7

mcrossley
Not applicable
I have had a look through the diagnostic logs, and the entry below is generated when the failure happens:

13:53:39.847 GSM DEVICE : GprsModemHuaweiGeneric::SetUsrConnProfile(): Failed, NDIS connection parameters are too long (max 256 characters allowed)

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Mark Crossley

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum family. New faces are always welcome here. :)

Along with the error message, do you also get an error code, such as Error 608, 619 etc ?

If you do, can you advise what this error code is, as this will help in resolving the issue you're encountering.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

mcrossley
Not applicable
Hi Trev

Thanks for the welcome, I know most people only come here when they have problems which must be a little frustrating for the 'regulars'!

No error code, just the popup dialog box with the text I quoted in my first message.

Nothing in the Windows event logs either

Mark

Hi Mark Crossley

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum family. New faces are always welcome here. :)

Along with the error message, do you also get an error code, such as Error 608, 619 etc ?

If you do, can you advise what this error code is, as this will help in resolving the issue you're encountering.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

mcrossley
Not applicable
Success!

I...
  • uninstalled VMC 9.4.6
  • removed all the Vodafone devices left in Device Manager (use - Show Hidden Devices option), and selected the options to delete the drivers from the disk
  • deleted the VMC folder from my AppData folder
  • removed the Vodafone entries left in the HKCU registry.

Reinstalled VMC 9.4.6 (using Admin rights just in case!)
Reboot and run VMC (again using admin rights just in case!)

Success, I can now connect to the network - this message posted using a 3G+ connection.

Not sure if this was some interaction between VMC 9.4.5 lite that initailly installed off the K4505 and 9.4.6, or that the initial problem with the VMware USB Arbitrator service, but it works now.

Cheers
Mark

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Mark Crossley

I'm glad to see you've got this resolved. :D

Please let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Same problem. Same attempt at resolution as mcrossley but without success.  I have three computers –  a Pc and two laptops… SAME problem occurs in all three. I have never had this issue before. It’s neither a fault with my machines (as I can access the internet by other means), nor is there a fault with the broadband stick. The only thing left is a faulty network.

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi japo

I cant see it being the network as such.  Have you put the SIM into a Vodafone handset (with the correct settings) and tried to connect at all?

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team