Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4505 firmware - alternative location

bomski
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i've been trying for a number of hours to download the firmware update for the k4505 USB modem; i've been using the following link:

http://uploads.vodafone-ets.co.uk/Public/vmc/Firmware/K4505/K4505Update_11.828.03.00.11.B427.exe

Can anyone provide me with an alternative link? I require this as a matter of urgency!

27 REPLIES 27

Hi timbo-mobile,

We have the same files hosted directly here, on the eForum. :Smiling:

Just go to this link, and you will have an alternative location to get the required files.

I trust this answers your query, but let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

hi, i have similar problem. My K4505 is iin white color, after i have updated the firmware to ver. 11.870.02.10.11.B455, it will disconnect after 1minutes, can i solve this problem just downgrade to previous firmware??

If yes, can you share the firmware to me? All the previous links didn't work.

Thankyou

Isaac Chow

Attn: Trev

Sorry - but we're now going around in circles - the link you've provided is the SAME link that I highlighted in my post of 12th July, which DOES NOT WORK.

I've just tried it AGAIN (in case someone had actually fixed it) and all I get is this:

The connection has timed out
The server at uploads.vodafone-ets.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

So, whilst I appreciate the reply, all you've done is re-iterated a link that you've already been advised doesn't work (if you''d care to read the thread......)

regards

Tim

Hi all.

I'm sorry for any confusion.

I have uploaded a copy of the White K4505 firmware updater to this thread. I am also going to update the copy on the Mobile Broadband help pages too.

Please let me know if there are any issues with these.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Hi All

Here's an alternative location as well just incase anybody has any issues with Trev's

Link: https://www5.ibackup.com/qmanager/servlet/share?key=gljfm05998

Password: firmware

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS FOR THE WHITE VERSION OF THE K4505)

Let us know how you get on and if you have any more questions just let us know.

Thanks!

Wayne

eForum Team

Hi Wayne,

I've downloaded this alternate version firmware, K4505Update_11.828.03.01.11.B427.zip, but before I try it out, I was wondering how this update differs from the version provided by Trev.....He posted a link to K4505Update_11.870.02.10.11.B455.zip

regards

Tim

PS Trev's version DIDN'T work on my white K4505......I wonder if this "earlier" version will ???)

Attn: Trev

I've downloaded the ZIP file and extracted it OK.

When the subsequent EXE file was run, and following the instructions given by it, I got the following error message:

"The Updater could not update your device (error code: 0x0000001c)

Please contact Support at your mobile network operator for further assitance."

Any idea what this error code relates to ??

Also:

FYI. I also got a different message from the updater program (prior to the above message)  that said that my device had an "unknown version" of firmware......which was going to be updated to version 11.870.02.10.11

So, maybe this specific update ISN'T suitable for the white K4505 ??

Thoughts please ??

regards

Tim

UPDATE:

I've now tried the same B455 firmware software updater BUT using a different PC, running Windows Vista and VMB v10.2...

and the firmware updater program WORKS without any error messages !!!!!

And the updater program now says it has been successful in updating the old version, (which was given as v11.818.02.01.11 - when I ran the updater on the first PC, running Windows XP Pro, it didn't give the old version number....

I'll try out the new firmware and see if it helps with the GPRS/2G network connections issues - if it does, I'll post further info here....

FINGERS CROSSED :Smiling:

regards

Tim

UPDATE #2:

The new firmware WORKS......

I can now connect locally via GPRS/2G and it's NOT disconnecting every few seconds......it's stable and seems to be fine.

I caveat is that I am running VMB v10.2.102.30707 - so, I would fully recommend udpating your old VMC v9.x software to the newer VMB v10.x software as I can confirm that this combo DOES WORK....

At last, I'm sorted.... :):):)

regards to all who have helped on this thread.

Tim

Hi timbo-mobile

Thanks for letting us know that my version worked :Winking_smiley:

I’m glad everything is now up and running for you.

Cheers

Wayne

eForum Team

Want to give feedback about me?

You can do so here