Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4505 in Italy

ljohnway
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am on holiday in Rome, Italy but cannot get connection using K4505. Do I need to use different 'number', username & password? Currently using *pp#, wap, wap.

Regards,

ljohnway

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You wont need to change any settings, you would still be able to connect to a roaming network using Vodafone UK.

To check if roaming haa been enabled on your mobile boradband dongle, the easiest way is to put the SIM in a phone and see if it registers on a network.  

If there is no roaming bar on the dongle, you may need to manually select a network, by going to settings, view available networks and select a network which will probably be Vodafone Italy.

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
There are a few factors, firstly you need roaming enabled by the network as ann has said, secondly what SIM are you using in the device? if it is a mobile broadband SIM then the username and APN do not seem to be correct.

However if you are using a standard PAYG SIM then yes the settings would be correct and the dialup number is not. Are you using the VF software to connect?

(PAYG modems can not roam as they do not have the ability to have the roaming bar lifted i believe) at leas this used to be the case on my old one.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below