Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing Topup

jackl02
1: Seeker

As a new customer, I was really looking forward to using my mobile broadband pay as you go sim. however I went to topup online and after filling in the fields I got an error message saying payment unsuccesful so you'd think vodafone didn't take my money. £20 is showing to go out of my bank account but I don't have the credit that I paid for! spoke to an adviser who assured me if any money was taken i'd be refunded and I was given 500MB as a gesture of goodwill. when I get my own money back, i'm gonna try elsewhere. sorry vodafone you've lost a customer HOW CAN THIS BE ACCEPTABLE?!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If a payment from a bank account glitches for any reason then what can happen is that your bank holds those funds for a short time to allow the process to catch up. If no claim is made by Vodafone then the funds are released. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Great. still doesn't solve the issue though does it. vodafone have taken the payment but not given me the credit i purchased. I would like to point out that I have severe anxiety disorder. not knowing what will happen here hasn't helped!

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate how this can be stressful. 

I wasn't aware of the condition you have and I hope things are ok. 

It sounds that Vodafone didn't ever receive your payment which is why no top up showed. It in a stuck holding funds process with your bank. 

If a person contacts their banks customer services they'll be able to clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @jackl02

Before you are able to use the device, you first need to download the correct software and drivers onto your PC.  There is further information to help below.

I’ve just got a new data dongle. How do I get started?

Once this has been done, as you have been given 500mb as a goodwill gesture and depending on the signal and network in your area, you should be able to make a connection to the internet.  You may well find Vodafone have added the data pack to your mobile broadband PAYG account and you will be able to see if the pack if available from your dashboard. 

If your bank shows the top up payment on your pending balance, it's more than likely it has gone through as it should have done.  If for any reason, it has failed, the merchant (Vodafone) will not claim the payment and it will be returned to your full balance the next working day, Monday.

If you have any questions, Live Chat will always help and you also have Customer Services and this forum.

Lastly, Welcome to Vodafone.