Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband Connection Issues

onlinewilly1963
Not applicable
Hello,

For the last month my 3G+ connection keeps grinding to a halt when I am browsing the internet.

When I first make a connection everything is fine and if I am quickly going from one web page to another or downloading something there is still no problem.

However, if I am not downloading or leave the computer alone for a minute, then when I try to connect to another web page nothing happens. The VMC Lite window still says I am connected to "Vodafone UK 3G+" but the Kbps counters just flicker and stay on 0.

If I disconnect and then connect again or switch to 2G and back to 3G it usually comes back to life until I leave it again.

The same problem does not occur if I use the 2G connection but this is too slow.

I have a Huawei E-220 USB modem, my postcode is DT4 9PY and I get a 3 bar signal for 3G+. For the last 6 months I have been getting varying speeds at all times of day but before that I could only download stuff in the middle of the night and browsing was painfully slow during the day.

I have tried deleting and reloading the VMC Lite software (V3.2.1.156) from the USB modem but this has not helped. Would it be worth trying the other software?

Can you let me know if there is a problem with the transmitters or if there could be a fault with my USB modem?
47 REPLIES 47

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi onlinewilly,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks like there is possibly a fault with 3G in your area, so I have raised this to our network team for further investigation.

I'll post back with a case reference once I have one :)

Jon

eForum Team

onlinewilly1963
Not applicable
Hello Administrators

Its been 3 days and no case number has been issued yet.

Still experiencing disconnection problems.

Regards. Al

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Onlinewilly

I'm sorry for the wait, however as promised Jon is still following this up and he'll be true to his word by providing an update soon. Rest assured you haven't been forgotten at all, :)

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

onlinewilly1963
Not applicable
Its been 18 days and no case number has been issued yet let alone a soloution What's going on this is lousy customer service.

Al

elreg
4: Newbie
Nice one, Vodafail. :)

onlinewilly1963
Not applicable
Hello

Why has nobody resolved my connectivity problems. Why has no case number been issued, and if I am looking for a person in particular it has to be Jon of the eForum team.

Vodafones’ customer service is lamentable. It has been one month and several days with no explanation let alone a resolution with regard to these issues.

Please advise me. Should I be contacting Vodafone customer services to cancel my contract for a failed service. I can quote my experience from the online forum for particular examples.

There is something wrong with the Vodafone 3G network. Just last week my mobile phone could not be used for a whole morning. And the mobile broadband just fails on an indiscriminate basis.

Please just give us the consumers some answers before they leave your network.

Al.

Kop1te
4: Newbie
Just a thought... does this only happen at the postcode you gave or does it happen outside this postcode? Using a PC (xp or vista) or a Mac? The latest s/w is 9.1 get it here....http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=template11&pageID=BS_0036&tabIndex=2
There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.
Bertrand Russell British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

Retired-Claire_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Onlinewilly1963

I have noted your comments and I will pass them to Jon for this to be chased up as it is a few days since we last posted on this thread.

When we have some more information for you to resolve your issue, then we will let you know.

I will ask Jon to post to let you know where we are with this at the moment.

Please bear with us in the meantime.

Claire :ph34r:

eforum Team

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Willy,

My apologies for not getting back to you - nobody pointed this post out to me until now, so I apologise for that :(

The problems that were in your area originally appear to have resolved themselves. If you're still experiencing connectivity issues, then this may be due to something else which we'll need to investigate further.

I'll send you an email now so that we can take your details, to be passed to our technical team for investigation. Again, I'm sorry for the delay in getting this sorted for you.

Jon

eForum Team