cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband Maintenance - When will normal service resume?

WarrenMarris
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am new to the forums so my apologies if this question has already been asked.

I bought some top up for my PAYG Dongle on Saturday, only to be greete by the message after I had entere my vocher code that there was an issue retrieving my balance...

Finally, after 2 days of trying to get back online... I get a message on the Vodaphone MBB Page that there is a maintinence issue and that it will be back up and running soon.

While I understand that the unexpectedd can and does frequently happen... This does leave me in an unfortunate position as I rely on my dongle to help me with my search for employment - As the DWP now expect each Job Seeker to look for work at least 35 hours per week... Having my Broadband is vital...  It would be more helpful if I were not also looking for a more permenant address as I could get a fixed line.

So while I am having to use Mobile Broadband, I would like it to be reliable - Would it be too much to ask what exactly is going on and how soon we can expect a normal service to resume?

NB: Why no packages for Mobile Broadband Customers like you have for your Telephone Customers? We seem to get the short end of the stick if I am quite honest...

3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi WarrenMarris,

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

So that we can look into this further and help get everything sorted, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny

Thanks for the reply... I have not been able to get online since I first posted - Now using my sisters internet connection.

I had an email from the Vodaphone team asking for more information Via the Contact Us Section of your webiste... I used the links in the email and did all that was required.

This is the email I have now recieved.

So your contact us section is now using an email that is not used???? OK!

Anyway, I hope this provides all the information you need.

We don’t use this email address anymore, so our advisers won’t get your message. Don’t worry, you can chat to an adviser online instead – they’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

----- Warren Wrote -----

(Removed details according to House Rules)

Topic: 0 Message: It has been two weeks since I added £10 credit to my dongle, yet each time I try and check my account/Convert the Credit to a Data Pack I am met with the Message "Sorry, there seems to be a problem. We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later." Account Number: (Removed according to House Rules) No matter how I connect, be it via the website direct or through the Vodaphone Mobile Broadband application, I cannot get my £10 Credit. I have considered transferring the SIM card to my mobile phone... But I am not happy that I have spent money I now cannot use. I should stress that on a visit to the store just last week, I was one of 6 Customers with complaints... So I really would like this resolved. 2014-10-16 16:48:46 GMT : Escalated : Contact Us 2014-10-16 16:50:00 GMT : Escalated : Contact Us 2014-10-16 16:59:47 GMT : Shown : Suggested articles

Hi WarrenMarris,

This happens if the routing code from the private message we sent, isn’t entered in the subject field.

Please resend your details, via the link we gave (ensuring WRT165 is in the subject).

Thanks,

Gemma