You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
morquai

Mobile Broadband - Multi-SIM, one for dongle another for iPad?

Hi everybody,
I'm from Germany and working the next 4 month in UK. In Germany I'm a Vodafone customer, so I bought a internet dongle with 3gB traffic included. The reason for that decision was, that I was told that I can have an additional microSim for my ipad to use the same account for ipad and laptop. I was told in the store that I can ask for an addintional microsim at the vodafone website. .... I looked but can't find the point to order the microsim.
Can somebody tell me how to order a microsim to be used in conjunction with my normal simcard (the one from the dongle).

Thanks,
Morquai
Message 1 of 6 (3,520 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi morquai and welcome to the eforum

Thanks for your post here.

I'm afraid I have some bad news with regards to this. We no longer offer multi-SIM and haven't for a while now, so I'm afraid that this would not be possible. Did you get told this information by Vodafone Germany or UK?

Please let me know and we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team
Message 2 of 6 (3,520 Views)
morquai

Hi Wayne,
I was in the phone4u shop in Guildford to get an offer. They told me, not Vodafone directly... I will speak to them to update their informations.

As I intended to use the sim for the laptop and the iPad too, I have to decide for which device I will use it. Is it possible to change the SIM to a MICROSIM to use it in the ipad? If so, do I need a UK delivery address, or can it be delivered to the Vodafone shop in Guildford and I pick it up there?

Morquai
Message 3 of 6 (3,520 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi morquai

Thanks for coming back to me here. :)

Don't worry, you can change you SIM to a micro SIM instore. No need to request it before hand as we keep stock in the store this can be swapped over for you in no time :)

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team
Message 4 of 6 (3,520 Views)
morquai

Hi Wayne,
now I'm talking about the real Vodafone shop where I'm told that there is no way to change the SIM to MICROSIM because it's on a top-up base. What is correct?
Message 5 of 6 (3,520 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi morquai

Thanks for coming back to me here. I'm sorry about that, little bit of a mix up there. I thought you had a contract SIM in which case this would be fine. With pay as you go, you'll need to get a Micro SIM from a store and then give our Pay as you go department a call 08700700191 and ask them to swap the numbers over (As with pay as you go the numbers are attached to the SIM)

This will then work for you :)

Let me know how you get on, and if you need anything else we'll be happy to help you

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team
Message 6 of 6 (3,520 Views)