Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Poor HSDPA reception

wishywoshy
Not applicable
Hi, I have moved to Ulverston, Cumbria and my sony ericsson elm doubles up as a dongle for my laptop which is great. The only thing is that I only get a GPRS signal if im lucky!

I am currently paying 3 for mobile internet wehn im at work in Ulverston postcode LA12 7JQ.

I can never understand why 3 can offer great mobile internet speeds but a long lasting company like vodafone strugle where 3 dont?

Please can someone from vodafone help me save some money, I only use mobile internet once every 3 weeks for a couple of hours just to look at websites as I sleep over at work.

Im currently spending £10 per month for 1gb on a pay as you go dongle which is a rip off as i loose all my data with such low usage.

I look forward to your reply

Damon
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Wishywoshy,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.:)

I have taken a look into your local ppostcode area and unfortunately you are in an area of no 3G coverage at the moment and I'm afraid that there is currently no planned coverage enhancements either.

This means that there isn't anything that we can do regarding the internet speeds in the area with the mobile network at this time, you can place any coverage feedback for you area here and we will then be able to pass it on to the relevent teams to look at enhancements in the future.

James
eForum Team

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member
Probably will not help much for improving reception for this person, but relevant to the waste of monthly PAYG mentioned...

Surely it was a marketing disaster to stop selling the non-expiring SIMs. It was a real differentiator. I wonder who decided it was not commercial enough? It didn't need to be discontinued, just modified. I reckon there are thousands of business users who would pay a premium rate (say £30 for 3GB) of non-expiring or 6 month expiry broadband. Even if they had to pay a premium price for the dongle. Anyone who makes a regular trip away and needs a laptop rather than an iphone would go for it. Small business people like the lady who came to us to clean our soft furnishings used a non-expiring VF dongle and uses nowhere near 3GB a month, and there's weekend sailors, fishermen, people visiting gran every fortnight... Sell it to them!

Selling non-expiring or long term expiring PAYG would give VF a new marketing advantage over all other companies. The recent £20 3GB dongle deal was a breath of fresh air, but not so imaginative as the old non-expiring version.

As one of the staff said on here recently - if you have one of the old non-expiry SIMs look after it!

wishywoshy
Not applicable

Hi Wishywoshy,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.:)

I have taken a look into your local ppostcode area and unfortunately you are in an area of no 3G coverage at the moment and I'm afraid that there is currently no planned coverage enhancements either.

This means that there isn't anything that we can do regarding the internet speeds in the area with the mobile network at this time, you can place any coverage feedback for you area here and we will then be able to pass it on to the relevent teams to look at enhancements in the future.

James
eForum Team

Im sorry to here this, looks like I will have to change my network, yet again another company whos dismiss people living in Cumbria

wishywoshy
Not applicable

Probably will not help much for improving reception for this person, but relevant to the waste of monthly PAYG mentioned...

Surely it was a marketing disaster to stop selling the non-expiring SIMs. It was a real differentiator. I wonder who decided it was not commercial enough? It didn't need to be discontinued, just modified. I reckon there are thousands of business users who would pay a premium rate (say £30 for 3GB) of non-expiring or 6 month expiry broadband. Even if they had to pay a premium price for the dongle. Anyone who makes a regular trip away and needs a laptop rather than an iphone would go for it. Small business people like the lady who came to us to clean our soft furnishings used a non-expiring VF dongle and uses nowhere near 3GB a month, and there's weekend sailors, fishermen, people visiting gran every fortnight... Sell it to them!

Selling non-expiring or long term expiring PAYG would give VF a new marketing advantage over all other companies. The recent £20 3GB dongle deal was a breath of fresh air, but not so imaginative as the old non-expiring version.

As one of the staff said on here recently - if you have one of the old non-expiry SIMs look after it!

I so agree here!