Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband Problem with Latitude E6510 / No Device

Zade12345
2: Seeker

Has anyone experienced problems with built in mobile broadband modules?

I've checked the manual and it appears the broadband module for the Latitude E6510 is supported by the Vodaphone software.

The current problem is that even though the Simcard is inserted in the Latitude Broadband Module - I get the error message:

No Device

Please ensure all devices are properly connected

Has anyone experienced any similar issues? I've tested the same simcard in a USB dongle and it appears to work.

A colleauge  of mine also advised that the Simcard would not be usable with the built in Dell software - hense downloading the vodafone software.

Let me know your thoughts

4 REPLIES 4

Zade12345

Bump has anyone encountered this problem on any other built in modules?

Hi Zade12345.

The only time I've personally come across a similar issue was with my Dell Mini Netbook.

I had to update the drivers to the Broadband Mini card to resolve it. It then showed the device in device manager, and after installing the latest version of VMB, it worked without issue.

Trev

Hi Trev,

I've tried this and still no luck - still get the error message "No Device"

Do you have a support number I can contact? The Sim works fine within a data stick - is this because it is locked for Vodafone use only do you think?

We've been having the same problem with a number of Sim cards - as we are a business & all have built in modules which will not work with the vodafone sim which is frastrating.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

I reckon you should be able to connect with the built in dell connection software as long as  the drivers are installed correctly for the hardware. Check in device manager to see if there are any issues showing, if there is you may need to speak to dell to get these reinstalled. On the dell software, you should only need to enter vodafones APN name - INTERNET, and user name and password which are both WEB.