Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband SIM Problems.

gemma1982
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had my Dongle for a while now, nealry 2 years? I haven't used it for a while but now im having problems with the sim on it.

Its the same SIM I have always used in it, so no idea whats wrong.

When I connect my USB Dongle it starts up and has a green light, two quick flashes on and off. It verifies a device has been connected and after a long time i get an error message: The SIM in your mobile device needs to activated before you make a mobile connection.

There is another window with - No mobile network is found.

I can't access any of the options such as <how to find own number> <account> <view usage> etc

This is pretty baffaling as Ive used it many times before, does anyone have any ideas before I chuck it out the window! lol

Thanks,

Gemma:womanhappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

From what you have said it sounds like you are using a PYT Dongle and SIM, is this correct?

If this is correct then the issue may be down to you not using the SIM for more than 90 days, with all of our PAYT SIM’s, if they are not used for an active network connection or a top up for a period of 90 days then they are disconnected from the network.

Unfortunately, once this has happened there is nothing more that we can do other than advise you to purchase another dongle and SIM.

Can you let me know when it was the SIM was last used ?

James

eForum Team

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

From what you have said it sounds like you are using a PYT Dongle and SIM, is this correct?

If this is correct then the issue may be down to you not using the SIM for more than 90 days, with all of our PAYT SIM’s, if they are not used for an active network connection or a top up for a period of 90 days then they are disconnected from the network.

Unfortunately, once this has happened there is nothing more that we can do other than advise you to purchase another dongle and SIM.

Can you let me know when it was the SIM was last used ?

James

eForum Team

Hi James,

Yes it is a PAYG Dongle with SIM.

Oh right, I haven't used it for a good few months. Thats strange that happens, seems a bit odd having to have to buy another one.

Thanks for the help,

Gemma.

Knickers
4: Newbie

I too had the same problem today. I admit I had not used the dongle for over a year, partly due to personal circumstances. I'm certain I had some credit left on it and wondered what happens to that? Does Vodafone keep it or refund it tot eh customer? 

I'm not happy Vodafone cut off if it's not been used for 90 days. I bought mine for emergencies when the landline broadband gets cut off. It's crucial for me because I am deaf and dependent on mobile broadband when these things happen. 

I'm also curious why Vodafone did not send me an email to remind me I had not used the dongle for 90 days before cutting me off. So I may be considering switching to another mobile broadband provider if I can find one which reminds customers their mobile broadband is about to be cut off. And also one which refunds me my credit. 

Thanks alot Vodafone. 

Interesting .... no comment from Vodafone!

I too have just realised my sim has been deactivated.

What a waste of hardware! There should be a method of activating the accounts again or at least replacing the SIM.

Guess I too will be seeking another provider.

Phil

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts.

If a SIM hasn’t been used with any charged activity within 170 days, it will go dormant, but can be activated again. If it’s longer than 270 days then the number will be disconnected, with the credit and number lost.

We’ll be more than happy to look at your numbers individually. Just pop back on and we’ll get an email out to you.

Cheers

Ian

HI Ian_C,

I have just read this. I have a similar problem as posted in another thread above. Could you please email me so that  can get my SIM reactivated?

Many thanks. 

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RC99.

There's an email on it's way. :Smiling:

Just reply back with the relevant details and I'll be back in touch.

Trev