Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Software updates, sony vaio laptop

randallachilles
Not applicable
How can I request or download a new softaware so my mobile 3GB broadband dongle will be compatible with my new SONY VAIO LAptop which got a WINDOWS 7. Please can it be send to my email so I can download to my new PC.

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Randallabatingan,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Vodafone eForum from all of the Team. :)

You don't need to worry, allyou need to do is download the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) from our business site.

Once done install it on your machine and you should be ready to go.

James
eForum Team

techmind
4: Newbie

Hi Randallabatingan,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Vodafone eForum from all of the Team.

You don't need to worry, allyou need to do is download the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) from our business site.

Once done install it on your machine and you should be ready to go.

James
eForum Team

I can confirm that I had Vodafone Mobile Connect version 9.4.6.20529 working straight-off on a new Sony Vaio laptop with 64-bit Win7

techmind
4: Newbie
By the way, you might want to watch the data flow for the first few days - my Vaio was downloading almost flat out all by itself and ran up excess data charges (by inference, it downloaded somewhere between 500MB and 1GB in part of a couple of days - ouch). I traced the problem to the McAfee (trail version pre-installed) update manager service (my best guess is that this was Vodafone-proxy-corrupted updates which McAfee endlessly retried to download). Once I'd pinpointed the culprit I uninstalled McAfee sharpish!

SysInternals' TCPView proved invaluable in tracing the source of the downloads:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx