Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband and Skype

ScottDunroe
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Guys,

I've been searching for an answer all day with no success.

I recently bought a Vodafone pay as you go dongle and I am having trouble getting Skype to work. I am already unhappy about not being warned about the content blocker and was wondering whether this has something to do with using P2P services like Skype.

Can anyone let me know whether it is possible to use Skype with this device?

Kind regards,

Scott

4 REPLIES 4

RupertTheFridge
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I wasn't sure about this, as I knew you could use voip on a contract data package, but though payg may be different. A little digging in the support pages and I found this: http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3124795&PARTITI... Sorry can't hyperlink as I'm using my phone to browse here. It basically states You cannot use voip on a Vodafone pay plan.:( Just on pay monthly

Thanks for the help Rupert.

So that includes the IM side of Skype too then I guess? Do you think I would be able to return the dongle and get my money back then?

Thanks again!

The IM should be fine I would think. Its not Skype that blocked its voip(voice over IP). If the IM isn't working, that could be down to the content control bar, which can be lifted. If you've had this dongle less than 7 days you can return, after this u may struggle

Hi Guys

Just to say that Voip  is blcoked for Pay As You Go  customers as its classed as a pay monthly servic, there are no plans to change this at this moment in time.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team