cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Connect Software - blocking website(s)

alanhart2k
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have various mobile connect devices in our company.

When the Mobile Connect software is installed on our users' laptops they can connect to almost every site on the web except for ours. Sometimes it slowly loads the webpage title & stops other times it will just timeout.

We have a few sites hosted on the same IP  address and all of these are inaccessble if mobile connect software is installed.

Even if we are connecting through our own office network (wired or wireless)

(not connected via the dongle)

I know that it is the mobile conect software because as soon as the software is uninstalled our websites are instantly accessible again.

This is a very strange problem. I have googled it but havent found anyone else with this same problem.

Please help, as obvioulsy it's a pain for our staff to keep uninstalling the software just to view our own websites and reinstalling when they leave the office.

Thanks

Alan Hart

I've also blogged this problem here:

http://www.alanhart.co.uk/archives/2011/10/18/vodafone-mobile-connect-software-blocking-websites/

5 REPLIES 5

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi alanhart2k

Thank you for your post, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

This sounds rather quite strange, am I reading this correct that it works on every website other than your own and the other using your IP addresses?

Sounds as though we may need to check your IP address is accepted and if it is not we need to see if we can add it.

Please complete and reply to the email I have sent to the address you registered with on here, once we have this we will be able to progress, however you have mentioned this is used for business and we only have access to consumer accounts although we will endeavour to resolve this or find someone that can.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It works on "almost" every other website, i believe one of our team also had problems accessing the sky news website too.

I'm not sure how your software can be blocking IP addresses because we're not using the software or the dongle to connect out?

I have tried to find the latest version of "mobile connect" / "mobile broadband" software (or whatever it's now called) on the vodafone site, but all i managed to find was a couple of broken links.

As we have had the dongle for a while, I think the first and most logical way forward is for you to give me a link where i can download the latest software to see if this problem still exists.

Thanks,

Alan

MTL
13: Advanced Member

Alan,

have you tried altering the settings in MobileConnect to only be used on mobile connections?

By default, it tries to look after all connections (wired/wifi and mobile)

we alter the settings on all our laptops so that MC software is not used for WiFi or ethernet.

Thanks for that MTL,

I'm getting the software installed on a laptop at the moment.

I'll have a look for this in the settings and see what i can find.

I'm pretty sure i looked into all the settings already but there's always a chance i may have missed something.

Alan

Hi alanhart2k,

Here's the link to the software you requested.

Vodafone Mobile Broadband - Latest Software

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team