Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile WiFi R207 (UK)

DorsetDiver
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have unlocked the unit but when I put in a SIM from another provider the WiFi works but it remains disconnected from the internet and/or connects to the Vodafone site and will not allow mr to go anywhere else.  Any suggest in very simple terms please as I really do not understand computers.

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Have you been able to change the settings in the device for the new networks Apn's. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No.  Sorry I would not have any idea how to do it.  If it helps all I can access is the Vodafone site and that says the wifi is good but show "disconnected".  

Just to re confirm this device takes an actual SIM card.

are you inserting another networks active SIM card ?

A similar thread that talks about the Apn's 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Data-on-the-go/R207-Unlocked-Can-t-use-EE-Sim/td-p/2326201

You can get the Apn's from the network itself or by googling. 

Current Phone  >

Found this via a Google search. 

"Under connectings I can see that I can create a custom account type, but the settings that it requires seem far more complicated than when I have done similar with other devices."

Current Phone  >

Yes it take an actual SIM and as far as I am aware the Three mobile SIM i have inserted is active.  If it was not what would happen?

The device will be set up to work with Vodafones Settings (Apn's)

I think as your using another Networks SIM card you'll need to change those preset Apn's from Vodafone or as my latest post suggests add a new profile adding in Three's Apn's. 

Current Phone  >

I think you are right but at 70 I have no idea how to do it without simple step by step instruction.   These would be much appreciated :-).

The best guide I can see at the moment is to use it on Giffgaff so just ignore the Giffgaff settings. 

And use the Apn settings for three which will be available by speaking to three. Or try 

"3" UK (Any SIM)
APN: 3internet
Username: [leave blank]
Password: [leave blank]

Switch on your mifi device, and connect your computer (or phone, tablet, etc) to the mifi via wifi.
Once a connection has been established between your computer and the mifi device, open a web broser on your computer and enter http://192.168.1.1
You will see an administrative page for the mifi device, login as the user "admin" with the password being "admin" as well.
Go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Profile Management -> New profile.
Create a new dial up profile with the following details Profile Name: giffgaff , APN: giffgaff.com , User name: giffgaff , Password: password.

When the Three profile has been created, go to the drop down list of available profiles, and select the THree profile you created. This sets it as the default profile. If you skip this step, the mifi will not work as it will detect your sim as a Vodafone , and it will try to connect to Vodafone rather than THree.
Save your settings and restart the device. You should be able to access the internet using THree 

Current Phone  >

Thank you so much. I will give it try tomorrow and let you know how I get on.