Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Wifi R206 Help

Hobbayne
2: Seeker

I got one of these yesterday for my ipad but I cant connect on it.

I have bought one with 2 gb PAYG preinstalled on it and have registered it with vodafone.

I can connect it to my laptop but it only allows me to access the top up page of the v fone website. I did top it up with a fiver to see if that worked. It didnt.

I hope i have not wasted my money!

11 REPLIES 11

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi Hobbayne

Sorry you're having difficulties.  I think the problem is that it's not as clear as it might be that getting a data pack is a 2-stage process - I'm not 100% sure what you're seeing, but that's the most likely.

After logging in to your account (or possibly from the page you're getting), choose 'TopUp and usage' from the left hand side of the screen, then again choose 'TopUp or buy pack'. Once you've confirmed the telephone number of your device, do you see a 'Choose a pack' tab (the right-hand tab)? If so, and you click on it, you should see a range of packs, from £3 for 200MB for a day, various 30-day packs, and even through to £25 for a Rest of World pack for a day. Having selected a pack, I then get the option to buy it from my credit (left-hand tab).

I hope this works for you, but post back here if it doesn't.

Annie.

Hi, I dont want to top it up again, I just want to connect to the internet on it.

Never mind, its going back to the shop for a refund tomorrow but thx anyway.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Hobbayne,

From what you’ve said it sounds like there isn’t any pack preinstalled on it.

Can you double check the packaging to make sure there isn’t a voucher with code to get the free data allowance?

James

cfre

Hi all,

I am trying to uninstall all software pertaining to my R206 MiFi device.

Each time I plug in the device to my MacBook and run the uninstaller, the uninstaller quits immediately. How can I download an uninstaller, so that I won't need to plug in the device to remove the software?

Thanks.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi cfre,

Please ensure you have the latest software installed for both the device and the MacBook.

You can check for any updates here.

Once this has been done, then try uninstalling the software.

You can also see information around removing the software here.

DaveCD

joannew

Hi, I am having problems with my mobile WIFI. I have been using it for months no problem.Saved in my Samsung S5 phone (also Vodafone) and my Samsung tablet so connects automatically as soon as dongle turned on. Gone to use now after 3 weeks and it finds it no problem in my wifi list but I have to put in a password, it then connects and diconnects instantly. PAssword not saved and the same on my tablet. My friend could connect on her S5 phone no problem. Help?! It is topped up but doesn't stay on for more than a mili second. Help?!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @joannew ,

If other devices are able to connect to the R206, I'd try going into the Wi-Fi settings on the ones that aren't and choosing 'forget'.

If it still doesn't connect after doing this, check both Samsung devices to see if you have any software updates that need to be downloaded.

You can do this via 'Settings', 'More', 'About phone' and 'Software update'. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. I cannot "forget" the vodafone wifi as it's already forgotten it as I have to click on it and enter the password every time as if I've just set it up and found the signal (if that makes sense?) the only option I have is to connect and it still does the same.

I've checked for updates and both are up to date. I don't know what else to try.

Thanks

Jo

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @joannew

It’s very strange that your friend can connect to this but you can’t.

Can you connect to other Wi-Fi hotspots ok? If so, try this in another location as it could be due to the  in the area.

I recommend you take this into a Vodafone store where the advisers can look into this further and test it with other phones.

Thanks,

Jenny