Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile broadband dongle trouble

grannym
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have completed installation of Mobile Broadband Dongle and have received Application Error. Error in XML Document (0, 0). Only looked later at Instruction with Sim it says I needed to Download mobile broadband software. I have gone to Vodafone Website as it says on the instructions and cannot find mobile broadband software for a NEW dongle only an update which will not download.

I am using Windows XP is that the problem? My dongle is K4203 

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi grannym,

You can download the relevant software here.

Thanks,

Matt B

If only it was that easy. I have been on this Vodafone page for a full week, on the left of the Vodafone page is a box that says Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software, click on it and a pop up appears that says " This software will only replace the currently installed version on your PC" I do not have anything currently on my PC this is a new dongle that I have installed, it did install but when I go to start it I get the message about XML error that I have already wrote about. I did click on the download and it runs for at least ten minutes then disappears, the webpage is still running and looking like it is going to pop up another box but it stops completely and nothing happens. I am home now so it is no longer required anyway, but it would have been nice to take with me if I went anywhere else. My sister has a Virgin dongle and I used that which connected to my PC no trouble at all, I used it just for getting my e-mail and not working, not fair to use her monthly data. Thanks anyway.