Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need information about Huawei K3770

newmobdev
1: Seeker

Hello, I would like to use the Huawei K3770 Modem as a GSM Modem SMSC with Kannel. My question is, does this model (K3770) support AT+CNMI? Thank you so much!

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi newmoddev,

I'll be honest, this is something we'll need to speak with our technical guys with.

Being a Sunday, they're not here to ask right now, but I'll ask someone to make sure this is picked up tomorrow for you.

Dave

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi newmobdev

Thank you for posting and I have been asked to take a look at this for you.

Please could you explain what it is you are trying to do with the device?

It sounds as though you may be trying to send SMS from a Mobile Broadband prepaid price plan which is not supported. Mobile PAYG users can only receive SMS.

We have raised this to our support teams and as soon as I hear anything I will post back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hello, thanks for the replies. I am using the GSM modem to test out the Kannel WAP/SMS Gateway program. I have tried the modem with Minicom and various AT+ commands, and they have all worked :Smiling: The data plan I am on (in South Africa) does allow me to send SMSs through the VMC software, which I have got working with Kannel. Thank you so much for your timely replies!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi newmobdev

Thank you for the additional information.

From my understanding the device will support this however the prceplan will not, please note though that I can only discuss Vodafone UK tariffs.

As soon as I get confirmation though I will post back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team