Support:

Mobile Broadband

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
crazyswede

Netgear Modem With Vodafone Sim Settings - Mbm621

I am trying to setup the Netgear modem but the settings seem to be different from another modem I have used in the past. I don't know if I am doing anything stupid.

Settings...

User Name: web

Password: web

PIN Code:

APN: Internet

PDP Type (IP, PDP-IP, PPP or PDP-PPP): ?????????????

PDP setting?

Is there any standard pin codes on the vodafone sims?
Message 1 of 8 (2,869 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
flyingbusman

Hi,

I asked for help from another user who has the new Netgear 3G router. He seems to have got it working but so far I have had limited success.

I would like to know the same things as you and hopefully we will get some answers.

One thing which I have found out, no pin number unless you have set one. Its optional I believe.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 8 (2,869 Views)
flyingbusman

One other question, could any one confirm the number the modem needs to dial for contract mobile broadband. Thanks.
Message 3 of 8 (2,869 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi guys,

Crazyswede, the settings you’ve used are correct.

An example of a compatible PDP protocol supported by GPRS is IP so give this a try. :)

The standard default for some PINs is 0000 so this could be what you need to enter. Flyingbusman’s correct though, there isn’t usually one there unless it’s been set up yourself.

Flyingbusman, the dialling command is *99#.

Let me know how you both get on.

All the best,

Jenny
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 8 (2,869 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
crazyswede

Thanks Jenny...

I was just typing that I could not get it to work, it kept on saying scanning, and then I managed to get it working. 'Connnect only to preferred operators' was ticked and I assumed that it was there to stop it connecting to other networks. I unticked it and it immediately connected to vodafone. :blink: Is it possibly for the sim to connect to another provider or am I safe?
Message 5 of 8 (2,869 Views)
flyingbusman

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your news on this but could you make things a bit more clear on the PDP protocol as your answer is not very definite. You say that IP is an example but you don't actually say what it should be.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 8 (2,869 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi guys,

crazyswede, don't worry you'll be safe, your SIM card is only able to connect to Vodafone.

flyingbusman, instead of setting the PDP type to IP give PPP a try, we don't officially support this modem, however I've been doing some looking around and this would appear to be the correct setting.

Let me know how you get on :).

George
eForum Team
Message 7 of 8 (2,869 Views)
flyingbusman

Thanks, will do.
Message 8 of 8 (2,869 Views)