Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Problem At Ca7 2lw?

jdixon85
4: Newbie
Im having some really annoying issues with my connection. Im using a Huawei E160X modem (Vodafone K3565) with an external antenna on the roof of my house. I've had a great service of 3g+ over the last few month but recently the connection fails after a random period of time. Somtimes it will stay connected for a few hours, other times just a few seconds then the light on the modem goes off and starts to blink but the connection is still classed as connected in windows. I'm thinking it may be a hardware fault but I just want to make sure their isn't a newwork problem before I go and buy a new modem. My postcode is CA7 2LW. thanks
2 REPLIES 2

jdixon85
4: Newbie
Soved my problem by plugging the modem into a powered USB hub. Strange as it's been running fine for a few months without one. Maybe my modem is on its way out.

Retired-MattyD1
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi jdixon85

I'm glad to see that you've got the problem sorted out :)

I double checked the sites in your area to make sure that there weren't any networks problem's and I can confirm that there aren't any.

The best way to check if the problems with the usb would be to try it with another laptop if possible.

If it is faulty, make sure that you have a look at the repairs thread we've got on here.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum team