Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New R212 MiFi Not Loading Pages On HSUPA

ramtab
2: Seeker

Hi Team,

I have the new 4G Ready R212 MiFi device which switches all the time between 3G+ and HSUPA.

When on 3G+ browsing and performance is perfect, however when is switches to HSUPA I essentially lose internet connection as browsing, email refresh etc just does not happen (usually get page cannot be loaded error) - even when on 5 bars HSUPA.

Why is this and what can be done to remedy?

Thanks

78 REPLIES 78

Hi,

Was there ever a resolution to this issue. Received my R212 yesterday and am experiencing exactly the issues described by Ramtab - no data when HSUPA displayed as connection 'network' on the admin page but fine when vodafone 3g+ is didplayed.

Although I haven't tried in another location just yet I wouldn't expect to have intermittent available data connection - very frustrating.

Appreciate an update please or any further advice.

Current status is that the R212 is still borked.

I have done some live testing with the tech guys at Vod and they have found anomalies in the way it is interacting with the network which are causing it to hang on HSUPA. The results have been passed to the fixing team who are working with the vendor (ZTE) to resolve the issue.

My last contact was 2 weeks ago so I am due to chase them again today, I will feed back on what they tell me.

Don't bother changing locations, we've now tested it in Glasgow and Manchester with the same result.

If you need mifi urgently I'd suggest taking the R212 back and replacing it with something else citing this thread as evidence if an inherent fault.

I am from Ireland, and have joined up here just to advise you not to bother with this any further.  Vodafone IE has the same issue - when the wifi/modem goes on to HSUPA all internet connections drop, etc. Changing your settings to 3G only does nothing, as HSUPA is part of the 3G network I have contacted the data team here repeatedly regarding this issue - changed my modem, changed my sim, etc., etc.  Most Vodafone data team people that you speak with only read from a book and do not understand the issue.  I have finally found one who does understand....you will notice that you get on to HSUPA only during times of extremely high activity - weekends, occasional weekday evenings, etc.  Basically, the issue is that Vodafone has oversold their network capacity in your area, and when the network is overloaded with users, HSUPA kicks in and some users are bumped off the grid.  Funnily enough, I was also advised that I could be 'bumped up' insofar as my connection priority is concerned, which this rep did, and for a couple of weeks, even during peak times, my modem did not register HSUPA at all, or, if it did, it was only for seconds before reverting back to the acceptable 3G.  Do not bother with changing your settings, etc. - this is a network issue that apparently has been going on for some time, and in many locations, etc.  It will only be 'corrected' when Vodafone no longer oversells its network capacity......

kezzawd
Thanks for the update - I've just arranged to swap it out for the 206 on a 30 day rolling contract this time !

Update:

Vod tech guys have managed to reproduce the problem in the lab so we should be on the way to getting a fix.

Previously they had the problem of multiple failure reports but inability to reproduce the fault. The theory is that the R212 will work with some network equipment but not with others. Locations with one set of equipment will fail whilst other locations with other equipment will work fine.

Current known failing locations: Glasgow, Manchester.

Possibly ok locations: London.

Thanks to the Vod tech guys for moving this forward.

Hi Guys,

We’ve now got a firmware update available for the R212 which should resolve this problem.

If you are still having the trouble, please let me know so I can get the new firmware sent over to you.

Thanks

James

Please could you send me the link to the firmware and I will get it updated.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have just taken delivery of an R212 from Voda. I am having the exact same issue as described in this thread. Can you please send me the new firmware (as mentioned in your post) so that I can resolve this issue. Plus instructions for flashing firmware.

How do I give you my email address for this?

Hi there. I recently took delivery of two R212-Z mifi units on 4G and have been experiencing the exact problems others have written in this forum.

Works well on 3G+, 4G but no download at all on HSUPA.

Can I get the firmware link to try please as this affects both my connections and it is proving to make working very difficult as 4G is not widely available?

Thank you in advance!

So, now I am quite curious. Vodafone in some areas in Ireland (and apparently other countries as well, if you research this on the internet) have an HSUPA issue - I have been battling this with them for over one year, and am being advised that this is because of my LOCATION - that while I am on 3G, I get good reception, but when an HSUPA signal 'bleeds' into my area, my internet connection either becomes slower than GPRS or non-existent, due to heavy use at particular times. So, Vodafone UK, are you now advising that this is actually a FIRMWARE issue?????