Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Internet traffic on iPad 3

drysdalk
3: Seeker

Hello,

I seem this morning to be having difficulty in using my mobile broadband connection on my iPad 3.  The 3G connection comes up, and I can load www.vodafone.co.uk, but that's it - I cannot load any other site, or access any other Internet service.  I have verified that my account is active, that I have "iPad UK 3GB 30 days £20" showing with 3GB still to use under my "Other allowances", and everything works fine on Wi-Fi.  It's as though traffic is not routing outside of Vodafone's own network, and only works within it.  I have experienced this issue in both the Paisley (PA1) and Glasgow (G20) areas this morning.  A reboot of the iPad, disabling and re-enabling of the mobile connection, and re-setting of network settings have had no effect.

If you could look into this and let me know how it goes, I would be grateful.  If you require any further information (i.e. mobile broadband number, IMEI, etc), please let me know and I will provide this by whatever means you specify.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

drysdalk

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

It happens in allocations I have tried, which so far are Paisley (PA1) and Glasgow (around the G20 area).

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

Please see my profile for this - PA1 is the general area, and the full PA1 postcode of my home address can be found there.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I have not tried this, and have no compatible device I could use to try it.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

All Web sites, with the exception of vodafone.co.uk, time out.  The 3G connection comes up, I can load www.vodafone.co.uk perfectly normally, but nothing else works.  I have confirmed that I have an active top-up, so this should not be the case.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

3G only (this is the only option I can enable given the carrier settings).

6) When did you first notice this issue?

This morning (10/09/2014).

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

it is permanent.

I get exactly the same issue starting this morning (10/09/2014), no data over 3G other than to vodafone.co.uk. This is on my iPhone 4s.

If I log on to my account online, there is no longer any data component to my account, only minutes and texts. My usage was renewed today.
Logged this as a case with Customer Services (191) [after a lot of pain and hassle] though they wouldn't tell me a case number, so not feeling confident about a resolution. They say they see nothing wrong at their end.
Not very happy with Vodafone today...

drysdalk

Hi,

Just to say this now seems to have been fixed. I've been having LiveChat and telephone conversations with various folk throughout the afternoon, and it turned out to be a problem with my top-up.  Last week I'd not been able to put a top-up through online (the My Vodafone site constantly rejected every card I tried for no apparent reason), and so someone at Vodafone had to put it through manually.  This seems to have gone awry in some fashion, which was the cause of the issue.

The technical team fixed it by removing the data package from my account and re-adding it, and removing and re-adding the top-up.  This made the Internet start working again instantly.  So I think no further action is needed here, but if it plays up again I'll reply to this thread and let you know.  Thanks !