Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Windows 8.1 App for Mobile Broadband

CanerM
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Until recently my Windowd 8.1 (32 bit) tablet was running the Vodafone Windows App pefectly but I installed an update driver for the 3G card which did not work.  In order to recover I had to refresh the Windows OS and install a previous version of the 3G card driver.

I am using PAYG Vodafone Mobile Broadband.

Along the way my Vodafone Windows App stopped working.  Even when I am connected the App reports an error that the 3G card is not connected.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but this did not help.

The Vodafone Mobile Broadband App starts and fails with the errors Unknown SIM, followed by No device detected.  I can connect with the SIM and the SIM has credit.  This SIM worked with the Mobile Broadband App in the past. 

Has anyone got any ideas on how to troubleshoot the Vodafone Windows App?   The Vodafone Windows App is really very useful for PAYG customers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Windos App now works.  I have used the same SIM (I have not tried another one) and I have made no changes.

I guess that after my credit was exhausted my PAYG account details may have been delected and new details setup when I topped up later.  It might have taken some time for my details to be renewed.  Can Vodafone confirm or not if this is the case?

The Windows App is very useful so I am pleased it now works.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CanerM,

Please try troubleshooting here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hello Sukhi

Thank you very much for your reply.

I tried installing the full Vodafone Windows Mobile Broadband software but I had the same problem as with the Windows App.  The software cannot recogniose the SIM number.

I am going to visit a Vodafone shop and get a new Mobile Broadband PAYG data SIM and see if this makes a difference.  Maybe  my SIM is not compatible with the current version of the software.  The SIM still connects and works but I would really like to be able to use the Vodafone Windows App.

I'll post a reply to let everyone know the outcome.

Many thanks

Caner

The Windos App now works.  I have used the same SIM (I have not tried another one) and I have made no changes.

I guess that after my credit was exhausted my PAYG account details may have been delected and new details setup when I topped up later.  It might have taken some time for my details to be renewed.  Can Vodafone confirm or not if this is the case?

The Windows App is very useful so I am pleased it now works.

sorry but i cant find a working vodaphone app, or even a app for my window phone either, really you be directing him somewhere he can get a aswer instead of being shruged off with a thin excuse.  Lets face it, it cant be hard to make a working app not in 6-8 months anyway.