Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R201 continually searching

tabby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My 2 week old R201 Mifi modem is continually searching for a signal but never finds it. The sim has been checked and it's fine. Modem was working fine until few days ago. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
could mean the local mast has gone down, take the modem out and see if you can get a signal else where?

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

No, it's the same everywhere. No signal, just continually searching. Should I take it to Voda store?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tabby

First and foremost a very warm welcome to the eForum, it is fantastic to see new users here. :smileyhappy:

If you have tried the R201 in other places, followed the set-up instructions and still having difficulties it may be an issue with the device.

I have checked the coverage of your area and can see you are on the cusp of 2G and 3G signals so it will be dependant on many factors as to which you receive, You are also in a very variable signal strength location so I do not think a fault with the device is the cause.

Do you receive good coverage on a Vodafone mobile and do you use a Sure Signal for this?

If you would like us to check the device please take it into a store and one of our experts can assess this and advise you of the best options.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Don't forget to check out Vodafone VIP for he latest news, events and competitions.