Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

mike-lewis
5: Helper

Hi,

According to the FAQ on the R212 there is not currently a tool available to upgrade the firmware.

https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/wi_fi_devices/r212/...

The device is a rebadged Huawei E5776 and I've looked on their website and no firmware update is available there either.

Suggest you contact 191 and get someone to go through the settings to see if some configuration changes can help with the 'resolving host' problem.

Cheers, Mike

Hi middletg,

The new firmware isn’t currently publically available but I’ve sent this over to you by email.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

James

Hi

Please could I have a link to the R212 beta firmware. I have read many posts and am having very simlar problems the device is unusable for most of the time.

Thanks

Dave

@davepearceuk wrote:

Hi

Please could I have a link to the R212 beta firmware. I have read many posts and am having very simlar problems the device is unusable for most of the time.

Thanks

Dave

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem 

Hi James,

I'm also having similar problems to the other guys on the R212 v3.1 firmware.

Would it be possible to send me a link to the beta v3.5 firmware or send a copy to my email.

Many thanks for your help,

Jamie.

Hi townsejl,

I’ve just sent you a separate email with the firmware and more information on how to install it.

Let us know how you get on.

James

Hi , we seem to have the same issue with the R212. Can I please have the firmware upgrade as suggested to others?

Our current firmware and device details of the R212 are:
Product name:                  R212-Z

Software Version:            BD_R212V3.1

Web UI Version:               2.008.5513

Hardware Version:           Ver.B(T3)

Thanks,

Kfir

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kfir,

I’ve sent an email to the email address you’ve registered to the eForum with.

This shows the current firmware and how to install it.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Gemma

Good afternoon Vodafone.

I also have the R212 and it does appear to be having DNS Lookup issues.

Currently connected at 4G (3 bars) but it has a ridiculous time delay in resolving DNS queries.

As soon as the IP address is resloved it whizzes along.

Using a MacBook Pro Retina with Safari as the browser.

I am running firmware: BD_R212V3.1

Does a newer firmware (even Beta) resolve this issue.

Ryan