Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

The reason I have posted on other threasds is that I have already been contacted and told that the firmware doesn't exist, when it clearly does because other have been sent it and it has fixed their problems. I apolgise if me posting again causes a problem.

Thanks

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The problem is that posting all over causes massive duplication of information and means that time has to be spent moderating instead of replying to posts. Posting in the same thread means it is easier for people to see what has gone wrong and what needs to be fixed.  

PWIAC

OK, I won't post any more requests. However, worth noting I posted the original request almost 1 week ago, If I have received nothing in the next 48 hours can you suggest what I should do?

MauricePutters

Is it possible to get the latets firmware by email ? I have a macbook and i found some updates but you need a windows pc. 

Thanks,

Maurice

I had the same issue, there is no mac updater it seems, I hade to use a PC :Sad_face:

I have limited service screen when i turn on the device. And then it only appears 3g only. I want to get a firmware. 

Please help me 

Hi @Yosepkim 

I’ve sent this to your registered email address on the eForum.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi

Please could I be emailed the firmware upgrade for the R212 mifi

many thanks

which formware version is the latest?

hi please could someone at vodafone email me the r212 firmware upgrade?
many thanks