Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

Hi @GlynBedford

Welcome to the eForum.

You’ll shortly receive an email to your registered address, containing the firmware.

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks Sarah

Will you be kind enough to send me the instructions on how to apply the upgrade?

Thanks

Glyn

Hi @GlynBedford 

We currently don't have a step by step guide available. 

The installation guide should advise the correct process for the Firmware upgrade. 

Thanks,

Sarah

earon_0830
1: Seeker
Hi,would you send me the lastest firmware for r212,thx

Hi @earon_0830,

Please see our website for more information on Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R212 firmware updates.

Thanks,

Rodney 

Yosepkim

Hi Vodafone

Can you please send me the latest filmware thru my email?

I was using Vodafone R212, when i turned on, it appears no service and after few second, it only connects 3g service.

I just want to have solution for this. thank you.

dpricedp3
Thanks but the link you gave and the version you mentioned is for general vodafone mobile broadband management software, nothing to do with firmware and not even specific to this product. For some reason the firmware is not downloading from the r212's product support page. If you look back through this forum thread you'll see lots of vodafone support colleagues mentioning that they had emailed customers with the new firmware.
The software version of my R212-Z is BD-R212v3.1 web ui version 2.008.5513

The link just takes you to the webpage where the mobile broadband software is aviable, We are all after the R212 firmware that is installed on the device, not the mobile broadband software.

Please can you email it as other members of the tech team have previously.

Many thanks

Gareth

Hi @garethdenzil and @dpricedp3 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I've sent you both an email with the required info. 

If you need anything else let me know. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Please can I get a link to the latest firmware, my r212 gives me nothing but problems, and I cannot connect with my phone or tablet  most days... 

I have tried resetting, changing SIM, all sorts but nothing helps.

thanks in advance,

Nick