Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Broadband

R212 Firmware Upgrade

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker Bronze

The reason I have posted on other threasds is that I have already been contacted and told that the firmware doesn't exist, when it clearly does because other have been sent it and it has fixed their problems. I apolgise if me posting again causes a problem.

Thanks

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold

The problem is that posting all over causes massive duplication of information and means that time has to be spent moderating instead of replying to posts. Posting in the same thread means it is easier for people to see what has gone wrong and what needs to be fixed.  

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

View more options

OK, I won't post any more requests. However, worth noting I posted the original request almost 1 week ago, If I have received nothing in the next 48 hours can you suggest what I should do?

View more options

Hello James,

Having the same symptoms as described by others. Although set up to connect automatically to the 4G network (automatic while roaming, too) the connection is not made after starting the R212. I need to logon - goto mobile networks - connections - change nothing - and save, in order to get connection with the 4G network (actually: 3G as R212 doesn't support the LTE bands over here Smiley Sad ). Same issue when R212 is powered on and the first device reconnects again after being off the wifi network for a while.

I'm currently in the US for work and it is really bugging... Can you please send over the latest beta firmware? Highly appreciated!

Regards,

Eric

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The software we use to send the firmware is currently experiencing problems. I've made a note of this thread and as soon as we get access, I'll forward the updates to you.

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options

Any news when your distribution system might be back up and running? I am off on a business trip on friday and could do with a working mi-fi.

Thanks

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi garethdenzil and EricDeVries,

@garethdenzil - I've emailed you the relevant Firmware update.

@EricDeVries - Please update your email address on your eForum profile as I can't see one. As soon as you've done this, post back below and we'll send the firmware over.

Thanks, 

Matt B

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

I'm having problem on my r212 can i have the firmware update?

View more options

Can I get the link to the beta firmware as i'm having the same problems

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AhmedNassry,

Please update your email address on your eForum profile as I can't see one. As soon as you've done this, post back below and we'll send the firmware over.

Thanks,

Ian

View more options

Ok , updated email. One more question  what should i do if my device stuck at firmware upgrade and reset button didn't work?

View more options

Hi,

Thanks for the firmware, it downloaded fine.

Only problem I have is the updater tool can't see the device, comes up with the message 'no device found'. I have tried both a win 7 and win 8 machine but so far no joy. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have installed the wi-fi software so the drivers are definately installed.

thanks in advance

Regards

View more options
14: Advanced member Bronze

I had to reset my device to factory settings before then update would recognise the unit and progress to update the firmware

John

Good luck

John

View more options

Thanks John, worked first time once reset.

Cheers

G

View more options

Hello,

I'm running software BD_R212V3.4 and having issues with the SSID disappearing when no users have connected overnight.  I either need to press the button on the front of the device or turn it off and back on again in order for the SSID to re-appear.

Can someone please send me the V3.5 firmware to upgrade and see if it resolves this issue ?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MobileGuy,

I've requested that this is sent out to you.

Please follow the instructions carefully.

Thanks,

Ian

View more options

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reponse and for sending me the file.

However, no matter what I've tried, I cannot get the device to be detected by the firmware upgrade software.  I've tried on two seperate laptops, one running Windows 7, the other running Windows 8.1.  I've tried two seperate USB cables.  I've installed both the Vodafone Mobile WiFi and Vodafone Mobile Broadband software.  Running the firmware updater returns "No device found - Updater cannot find any devices".

Within device manager, I can see under universal serial bus controllers "Vodafone Mobile Broadband Bus Enumerate Device (Huawei)" & "Mobile Broadband Controller" so the device appears to be detected by the laptops.  By the way, I have four of these devices and none of them are detected by the firmware upgrade software.

On the diagnostics page, I'm seeing the following information for my device.

Product nameR212
Software VersionBD_R212V3.4
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware Version

Ver.B(T3)

Any idea why I cannot see any of the devices ?

Thanks

MobileGuy

View more options

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem Smiley Happy

View more options

Hi garethdenzil,

Thanks for the update mate, restoring back to default worked....bizzare you have to do that, but at least it's working now. 

Cheers !

View more options

Is it possible to get the latets firmware by email ? I have a macbook and i found some updates but you need a windows pc. 

Thanks,

Maurice

View more options