You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mr628

RAS CODE 628

[ Edited ]

I have got 2  dongles, ones ok but the other one is driving me mad it comes up ras code 628,in windows XP  i have the 9.4 voda software and on my laptop i have the version for windows seven ( which by the way is the slowest operating system known to mankind. Both computers give me ras 628, modem is ok, port ok. called the n-teck guys , they just said it must be my computer, i said what both, does anyone got any ideas

please,please help me

regards Mr628

Message 1 of 3 (3,090 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
Amzy

Re: RAS CODE 628

Hey,

Error 628:  The port is disconnected or The conenction was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed..

Resolutions:
1) make sure you have good phone line.
2) Upgrade the modem/router firmware

3)
Make sure you logon using the correct username or password or try different username.
4) Reinstall the modem.
5) Re-enable RAS
6) Check the router/firewall settings.
7) Make sure the router is VPN pass through or GRE is enabled

This is most likely a modem or phone line noise issue or blocking port issue.

Good old google :smileywink:

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3 (3,037 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
jarviser

Re: RAS CODE 628

mr628 wrote:

I have got 2  dongles, ones ok but the other one is driving me mad it comes up ras code 628,in windows XP  i have the 9.4 voda software and on my laptop i have the version for windows seven ( which by the way is the slowest operating system known to mankind. Both computers give me ras 628, modem is ok, port ok. called the n-teck guys , they just said it must be my computer, i said what both, does anyone got any ideas

please,please help me

regards Mr628

I would download the version 10 software (see my sig below) from the business site and IGNORE the warnings about not being suitable for the UK.

I find Win 7 much faster than Vista and as fast as XP so long as you have at least 2 GB of RAM installed 

Message 3 of 3 (3,011 Views)