Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Problems with mobile broadband connection to internet

mousico
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I've spoken to Vodafone on live chat and on the phone. They told me they reset something and it won't happen again. I have the chat transcript. I knew at the time that there was no way the guy had understood or fixed my problem but I couldn't argue. I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. 

It's still the same. 

7 REPLIES 7

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mousico - So we can help get this sorted, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to connect to the internet?
  • Do you get any error messages (if so what)?
  • Which model of dongle are you using?
  • Is this on Pay as you go or Pay monthly?
  • Is this happening in one location or multiple?

• What happens when you try to connect to the internet? CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET IS NOT A PROBLEM. STAYING CONNECTING SEEMS TO BE THE ISSUE. IT LOSES CONNECTION EVERY 10 MINUTES OR SO, SO I MANUALLY DISCONNECT (RIGHT-CLICK AND DISCONNECT) THEN I RECONNECT (RIGHT-CLICK AND CONNECT TO WIFI IN LIST)
  • Do you get any error messages (if so what)? JUST 'NO INTERNET CONNECTION' AND THE YELLOW TRIANGLE ON THE WIFI CONNECTION. SEE ATTACHED IMAGE.
  • Which model of dongle are you using? R216
  • Is this on Pay as you go or Pay monthly? PAY MONTHLY
  • Is this happening in one location or multiple? I HAVE ONLY USED IT AT HOME SO FAR BUT WILL CHECK AND POST THE RESULTS

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mousico Thanks, have you been able to test it in a different location yet? 

Yes I have and it seems to work fine in other areas. I guess that must mean it's a signal issue right? If so, wouldn't it be important for Vodafone to let me know that where I live does not offer a good service? 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mousico, thanks for getting back to us.

As this appears to be a network issue, please follow our troubleshooting guide. If you continue to experience issues after completing the steps, follow step six and post your results.  

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Just at home. One location. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

Added to my profile. 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? 

It's a mobile wifi account and it's in an R216 modem. I don't have another modem. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? The 'no internet' exclamation mark in the yellow triangle and 'There is no internet connection' error on the webpage. See attached. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? I don't know. The modem doesn't tell me which it is using but it happens every 10 minutes or so. 

6) When did you first notice this issue? I first noticed about a month ago. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mousico - I’ve checked the network in your area and there aren’t currently any issues with your local sites.

So we can find out what’s causing this, please let us know the following:

• Can other devices connect (and remain connected) to the Mobile Wi-Fi in that location?
  • If you change your settings to 3G only, does this improve the connection?
  • If you change your settings to 4G only, does this improve the connection?
  • How long have you been using the Mobile Wi-Fi device, before this started happening?