Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Registering my New Dongle

billyayling
1: Seeker

HI

How do I register and create an account for my new dongle.  I have given the number for the sim card and have been sent a text with a code to enter, but can't pick this up from my dongle.  Can it be emailed??

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi billyayling,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

debhorton01
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I also have a problem registering my new dongle, but I have got a bit further in the process - I receive the number you have not been receiving, but when I fill out the online form I have to double click the 'submit' and 'next' buttons before anything is done with my input, then at the very end of the process a message comes back saying something went wrong - very helpful!!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi debhorton01, 

We'll take a look into this for you.  Please contact us here.

Thanks, 

Phil

I'm having similar problems, in that, from home I have no 3G coverage at all so when it says we will send you a text I'm never going to receive it.  Is there a way you could perhaps e-mail me the code please.  Thanks

I'm having similar problems - firstly the laptop won't download the mobile broadband app from the app store - it says I own it but won't download/launch - says downloading then stays at 0%. I'm sure there is data allowance on the dongle as it came with 1GB and I haven't used that much.

Secondly when trying to register the dongle on the vodafone site it asks for the mobile number of the dongle which I provided (Removed in line with House Rules) then it said it had sent a security code by text message which I can't find/access. Should this pop up on a laptop or do I need an app?

Obviously concerned that I will need to top up when the data allowance or time period (1 month) has expired and at the moment I am unable to.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Broadwaygirl60 and UserNE,

So my team can take a look to help.

Get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

jac2986
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm having similar problems registering my dongle too as I can't receive the text either - and no, I'm not trying to register on an ipad...

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jac2986 

Welcome to the eForum. 

Please speak to our Live help team and we'll be able to help further.

Thanks, 

Amanda