cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung netbook - can i connect to home internet?

Demismith
Not applicable
I have a samsung netbook, on one of the vodafone plans. It has mobile internet, but I want to connect it to my internet at home like my other laptops, how do I do this? In the botton right corner it sometimes picks the wireless box up, but then it wont connect. Right now all its showing is the mobile internet

Also, can I use tis mobile internet abroad?

3 REPLIES 3

welshrosco
4: Newbie
in the bottom right where u see it picks up the wireless does it show a red x on the screen icon, if it doesn right click the red x and click repair this should give u an idea where the problem lies. other than this u may need to manually set up the connection, what windows r u running? u could try right clicking on the icon in the corner and selecting network and sharing centre, once open click on the left menu bar set up a connection or network and follow the set up for wireless, u will need the log in details off the bottom of ur router for this so might be best to write them down, ive had to do this on my mums, nans and sisters laptops before as the auto function doesnt always work.

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Demi,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

As welshrosco has mentioned, you probably just need to setup your Wi-Fi connection manually. This can be done via network and sharing centre/network connections.

Also, you'll be able to use mobile broadband abroad as long as there aren't any roaming restrictions on your account. Details of costs can be found on our Using The Internet Abroad page.

George
eForum Team

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

... Right now all its showing is the mobile internet...

That may be your problem! Dial-up may be taking priority - Make sure you disconnect the mobile broadband before trying to connect to the network, a PC cannot connect to two at the same time. If it has a dongle, unplug it before rebooting the PC when it should pick up the network IP address more easily..

I have a small guide on my BT site here that may help with the many reasons a WIFI may not connect (especially if it's BT, but applies to most ISPs).