Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sorry - there seems to be a problem...online top ups not working

BEW
2: Seeker

Online mobile broadband top ups haven't been working for a few days. On verification of the credit card, the following message is displayed: 

Sorry, we couldn't take payment. Please check you have the right card details and try again..

Not very helpful advice, as this is after verification.

Online top ups have been intermittent at best for a long time. When is this going to addressed?

25 REPLIES 25

"We'll need you to forward your details before we can look into this as it's likely an issue with your account"

There was never an "issue with my account" previously, and there isn't now. How can there be? There have been no changes to my account unless made by Vodafone without my knowledge.

"Whilst I appreciate that the issue is causing issues for some customers, it's still not affecting the majority."

Even allowing that this is true (do you have figures for example? I doubt it), it's beside the point. It's affecting a significant minority, and the problem is your end, with Vodafone pay as you go services, specifically with top ups, as a quick browse of your own forum will show you. However, you know this already. Your company's furtive procedure of providing temporary workarounds on an individual basis isn't good enough, as I've already said.

I've changed provider, and I'd advise anyone experiencing this or comparable issues to do the same.

Nice post, BEW. I'll be changing providers too when my credit runs out in a few days. I'm sick of this nonsense. Sick of Vodafone always blaming the customer. The fact I can't top up now just says to me that Vodafone doesn't want me as a customer any more. So be it!

Whether or not it's affecting the "majority" is totally irrelevant. If it's affecting just 1% of people I suggest it's a problem for Vodafone. The fact that it's not been working for some people for MONTHS is surely evident of a company that just doesn't care? Why can't you simply admit there's a general problem?

I posted this two months ago and look at the response I got:

24-06-2014 07:44 AM
Re: Mobile Broadband Top up
Options
TechTeam Gemma - so many people are reporting this problem that Vodafone must be well on its way to a fix. Please advise progress.

‎25-06-2014 06:25 PM
Re: Mobile Broadband Top up
Options
Hi drj,

We're not aware of a widespread issue regarding this.

I can see that you've posted on other threads though.

If a customer has an issue, we'll be happy to investigate.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi drj,

If you're still having issues, please get in touch here so that we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Sukhi

drj
11: Established
11: Established

Please note I didn't say I was having problems. I was merely reporting the problems other were and still are clearly having. Just look at the forum listings for both the Mobile Broadband and PAYG boards.

Fortunately I am now in a position where I don't have to top up...

Vodafone, you guys have also just lost a customer in me.

1 month ago 1 bought a PAYG dongle. I took it to the shop to get the age restriction lifted. Took it home, the age restriction had been lifted OK. Then is came back on almost instantly. I managed to get it lifted again, it came back on again the same day. This went on and on for days.... it took me at least 10 days of trying to get the age restriction permanently lifted. Now I have gone to top up... nope, can't top up on line due to that bloody error no matter what browser or card I use. So I get a top up voucher... it accepts the code and just swallows the (Removed according to House Rules) credit!!!!

What are you playing at? NOTHING works.

Hi ALKE444,

I answered your other post yesterday here.

Thanks,

Simon

I'm guessing some of you will have the same problem that a large number of people seem to be having which is that the account address has been changed to one in Bradford... because the card address and the account address don't match the payment system won't work, I'm still waiting to get this fixed despite someone telling me on the phone it had been fixed. I don't know how long it can take to put an address in but its one of the only things you can't change yourself... 

I do wonder how that many addresses can have got changed though....

coleypops
I am also having many problems with topping up for internet on the dongle. I have tried buying it using a card, but it freezes on payment. I have spent hours doing this. Then I went out to buy a voucher, activated it. Went to buy a data and now it tells me I have no credit. I am beyond annoyed!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

I think its best we take a closer look at your accounts, to see what's going on. Please get in touch here.

Thanks,

Sukhi