Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sorry - there seems to be a problem...online top ups not working

BEW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Online mobile broadband top ups haven't been working for a few days. On verification of the credit card, the following message is displayed: 

Sorry, we couldn't take payment. Please check you have the right card details and try again..

Not very helpful advice, as this is after verification.

Online top ups have been intermittent at best for a long time. When is this going to addressed?

25 REPLIES 25

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BEW.

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

This is a general issue, and I was asking for someone to provide a public response, rather than an individual workaround behind the scenes, once again leaving the question as to why a company of Vodafone's size and profitability can't provide a functioning website unanswered. 

My question remains as before. Problems with the website are not confined to me, as you well know. Are there any plans to address these problems, or a timeframe in which customers might expect them to be addressed? Even a hint would be welcome.

The "click here and enter your information" link I am instructed to click on in your message times out in any case, though I allow the possibility that this is as I have no broadband credit.

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BEW,

Whilst I appreciate that the issue is causing issues for some customers, it's still not affecting the majority.

We'll need you to forward your details before we can look into this as it's likely an issue with your account.

Thanks,

Matt B

For a few days, I also have not been able to top up online with a freedom freebee pack.

I log into my account.

Select top up.

Select number.

Select which pack I want.

Go through the payment process (my payment details have not changed since I last topped up a month ago)

During card authenticating i get this message.

Sorry - there seems to be a problem

Sorry, we couldn't take payment. Please check you have the right card details and try again.

I have tried this on three different computers and with a different card, but still will not work. Looks like a few of us are having problems.

Please fix it.

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sam456.

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

Topped up ok on line now.  So looks like the problem was billing address and registered address didn't match.  

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Toad70 – Please reply to the email we sent you today, so we can help further with this.

2210danni – So we can look into this for you, please get in touch with us here.

Sam456 – I’m glad to hear that.

If you experience and further issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah

however, after finally managing to top up online.  I did get a text a few hours later stating that the freebee had run out.

But the account balance is ok, so it had not actually ran out.  so just a little glitch i guess.

To anyone else struggling to top up online.  Say so on this forum, they will send you a link to click on so you can give them more information.  Vodafone then rang me, to try and sort the problem.

For some reason the registered address was different to the billing address.  Hence vodafone was unable to take payment.  After a few tries, they managed to sort it.

Good luck.