Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Broadband

Strange excessive data use on mobile broadband

17: Community Champion
Hi @Jenny for other users can you confirm if the data cap is available for mobile broadband bundles or is the description on the website incorrect?
View more options

@Elaines35 I'm sorry, I seem to have missed some notifications for this thread, and hadn't realised you had addressed a question to me. As the situation is still developing, I won't attempt to respond fully now, although I do have some strong views on what you're being put through.

However, I do agree very strongly with @63johnw that everyone needs to know what on earth is going on, and what the position is for recent and potential mobile broadband contracts. The information on the data cap is not just on the Support pages, it also appears on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/data-charges/

Data cap3.JPG

Data cap2.JPG

Sorry for confusing changes of scale! The second one can be viewed better if opened in a new tab.

_

View more options
4: Newbie
@jenny which email are you referring to? I received a message from alex about completing the eft form which I done and forwarded. Has this not been received?
View more options
@annie_n and @63johnw thank you for your input. We will wait and see if there is any feedback.
View more options

@Elaines35

After you did the EFT thing on 2 Feb, you should have received an automated response giving you a reference number like #15123456, and then perhaps some email correspondence from someone in Social Media Comms. @Jenny is wanting you to reply to the most recent email there, to keep all the details together under that reference. 

This whole business is going so badly, that I fear you'll respond that you didn't receive a reference number. In that case I can only suggest doing the EFT thing again, and then posting the reference here to get that side of things going as soon as possible. 

_

View more options
Yes no reference number or response received
View more options

@Elaines35 try and resubmit the form + keep doing it until you get a reference number emailed to you. The form appears to be a bit broken! Smiley Mad

View more options

Form resubmitted again so I'm anxiously waiting on the reply

View more options
@Elaines35 did you get an email with a reference number?

View more options
No nothing yet
View more options

In my experience, the acknowledgement email is pretty much instantaneous. If you still haven't received anything, I'd recomment trying again. Sorry!

_

View more options
3: Seeker

jeffdawson78 @elaines35 

Hiya, I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to let you know that this happened to me in Feb-Mar last year. Got the MiFi as a stop gap (Plusnet previously actually so same as you Jeffdawson). It wouldn't work and we couldn't use the internet for anything other than checking emails and perhaps 3 youtube videos and 1 film download and I just assumed it wasn't working. 

Took the device back to the shop and was told I was out of notice period. Rang them up asking for a refund for the faulty device. The advisor told me that there was a fault in the area and monies would be refunded. I cancelled the account.

Unbeknownst to me they had recorded mega use on the device, which they told me 1 month later (mid-April by now). They claimed we had used 80GB of data in 3 weeks! 

Anyway to cut a long story short, they recorded non-payment on my credit check, my mortgage application fell through as my impeccable credit score plummeted, and they messed me around from department to department before I finally went to the Ombudsman in July. However, the Ombudsman wanted me to provide evidence and although I had requested transcripts of calls I had made to Vodafone (they refused to use email/letters) especially 2 calls where they admitted there may have been technical issues or data leakages, they had not provided me with them. And by the time I realised I could make a formal Subject Access Request, the call recordings have conveniently gone past their storage date.

So here we are and I am about to appeal the Ombudsman's decision again.

Good luck everyone- my advice is make a SAR request for all the the data and communications they hold on you in case you want to go down a complaint route in the future.

Thanks,

Kythie

View more options
3: Seeker

Hiya TomW500,

See my latest post I think it's message no 92. Try and make sure you get the records of your conversations in case you need them in future.

Best wishes,

Kythie

View more options
No email yet. Can the tech people message me again with a new code as the existing one isn't working. I posted a question directed at them a few days ago but got no replies
View more options
5: Helper

Thanks Kythie

Having accepted 50% refund I was told that that precludes us from taking the matter any further. I felt that was grossly unfair and was sure it could not be the case but this was confirmed to me when I spoke to the outfit that mediate the complaints. It was either that walk away from the contract and loose the whole £500.

As I have mentioned in an earlier post it might have cost us £250 but it cost Vodafone 8 new connections that we were about to sign up for. Not that they care about that or owt else for that matter! 

View more options
I would have pushed for the whole amount. I did and eventually got it credited back. I was happy enough with that and wouldn't have taken it any further but it's the confusion with the UK data cap that's bothering me now. I have no way of stopping a data over run again unless it's applied to my account. As said earlier I didn't use all the data they had logged to my account and that's another issue
View more options

Elaines35 wrote:
No email yet. Can the tech people message me again with a new code as the existing one isn't working. I posted a question directed at them a few days ago but got no replies

@Elaines35 the code doesn't change. You'll just have to keep trying the useless form unfortunately. Smiley Sad

View more options
Administrator

@Elaines35 I'm sorry the form hasn't been working for you! 

I'll drop you a Private Message now to get you some help Smiley Happy 

Danni 

Community Manager 

View more options
@danni. Replied to pm with number and time
View more options

@Elaines35

Thanks for getting back to us.

As you've used the form Alex sent to you, please let us know the reference number (#123456) from the automated reply.

View more options